Harmonic Balancer... Help!

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Hi gentlemen I have now gone through 4 hb's... Probably should have asked you guys a while ago but alas I trusted my mechanic. All mods were done by me but I dont have the time for this.

A couple questions:

1. Is the L hb the same as a stock F150?

Im wondering if my mechanic is possibly useing the wrong part?

2. I need the name of a performance/hd hb that is as economical as possible.

Thanks guys. I got 2300 miles out of my last new hb and Im tired of this.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
i agree. some stuff it's just better to bight the bullet and pay the extra for the Ford part. you could also call your local Ford dealer and check the part numbers for a regular 5.4 f150 and a lightning. if they're different numbers then there's your answer.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
My plan w/ the L (and the stang project before her) was to always replace worn stock parts with aftermarket hp parts because they generally are good quality of equal or better design and sometimes even less expensive.

Im suprised to see these resposes. Ill call the dealership to see what they say about the part #. Ive always bought my parts from Tousley so Ill hit them up too... Unless someone has something great to say about an aftermarket part.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Hmm it is in fact a different part from a reg. 5.4L ... I wonder if my mech. has put the wrong part on there...

Users who are viewing this thread