Harley vs Cobra

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
Had my first runs in the cobra today. I got behind a harley on an empty 2-lane and he pulled into the other lane for me to get next to him then gunned it. I pulled him by 1 by the end of second then a car pulled out in front of me. He followed me to another empty 2-lane with a light and we ran again to the end of second till another car pulled out in front of me. I was only ahead by about half a car this time though.

He rode beside me for a few hundred yards. Long enough for him to ask me what I had done to it and say he had had his engine "worked over" so he knew I wasn't stock. I didn't get to ask what all he had done because I was turning though.

Overall It was a fun first run. I was surprised it was as close as it was.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Nice kill...what kind of harley? What do you have for mods?

If memory serves that must have been a pretty fast harley... your boosted right?

Last edited:

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
Nice kill...what kind of harley? What do you have for mods?

If memory serves that must have been a pretty fast harley... your boosted right?

Honestly I'm not a huge harley person and I didn't get to talk to him long becuase he wouldn't follow me in the parking lot. All he said was that his engine had been "worked over". But yes, my car is boosted. 468rwhp

if your gonna post kill stories can we please get more details...??? thx

Sorry man. I posted all I was told from him yelling at me from the other lane.

Harley riders are ****!
That was a pretty funny episode.

Whats the deal with the exhaust/rear bumper with the car in your sig?

That's my v6. I just had the exhaust done like that because I didn't want dumps under that car and I didn't want chrome tips on that type of bumper.

amigrad06

SVT Noob!
Established Member
I know a Harley trick is to use I believe an 883 sportster, replace the jugs and pistons with 1200 CC parts, then use Buell heads and then go head hunting. There is a little more to that recipe i'm sure but I saw one running around Daytona a few years ago and it was very fast.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
good kill,

ive thumped on a few bikes (non sport) and its priceless to see their face when my car pulls there 25000 dollar harley, or victory, so much fun

mymustang44

Cammed What??
Established Member
You raced a ***?

I beat a ***. :rockon:

Why do you still have a V6 in your sig?

Post pics of your Cobra.

It's the only car I have any decent pics of yet. I'll try to get a sig of the cobra tonight.

good kill,

ive thumped on a few bikes (non sport) and its priceless to see their face when my car pulls there 25000 dollar harley, or victory, so much fun

Yeah, he seemed really suprised when I pulled him. He was pretty cool about it though. I'm shooting for some sport bikes next summer. I hear they take it pretty hard. lol

S8ER01Z

Established Member
good kill,

Yeah there is a guy here with a stroked 883 that kept up until we hit about 80 and then I started walking away from him.. the guy was stunned. I tried to tell him an 883 just isn't that fast in the grand scheme of things but I don't think he got it.

rueljr

Established Member
Harley's don't have a throttle, they do have a volume control. You turn it up and they get louder but they don't go any faster.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Yeah there is a guy here with a stroked 883 that kept up until we hit about 80 and then I started walking away from him.. the guy was stunned. I tried to tell him an 883 just isn't that fast in the grand scheme of things but I don't think he got it.

nice, its fun to do too!

I agree with the volume comment so true, so loud and painful to the ears

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I stomped a Harley Sporster the other day. How fast are they in the 1/4 any way?

Depends on the year... but I would say very high 12s @ ~100mph for a newer one. The older runs were lucky to see 13s at all. From a dig it can still be interesting for a slow car like mine...and I would still lose to a good rider if they got off the line smoothly, a stock Termi would have no trouble giving one a beat down though.

Users who are viewing this thread