• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SVTContique

Needs MOAR:

AAAAArQk9d0AAAAAADYP7w.jpg

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
From June till Sept, i wish i had a convertible...

See me its from March to May then about September to November and a few weeks between Jan-Feb.

The rest of the time its either too cold, raining, or too ****ing hot. Summer here is usually 100* or thereabouts, unless its morning and you are gonna be driving on the freeway my AC is usually on with the top up.

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
95pootang's post is better, the silver one needs to have the rear window bigger and the side windows need to be more like a hard tops.

RedFord96

Established Member
95pootaint looking for more crap to add to his cars. Now a hardtop convertible top.

Thats 95pootangs MO. Anything that looks horrid and cheap goes on his rides. The more people hate on it, the more likely he is to buy it.

I will not lie though, I actually seriously considered building one for my spyder out of fiberglass, making a center mold from a hardbody/hatch and making a mold for both the a-pillar and back ends, and using the clip system from a hardtop Miata for the rear attachment points (still utilizing the stock attachment points at the a-pillars). But then I had an epiphany; why do all that shit to get hardtop results, when you can just buy a HARDTOP. I know, crazy thought right?

:lol:

The design they're coming out with that is just like the tops that '95 Cobra convertibles came with would get a "yes" from me. The others look like garbage but that's probably why 95pootang wants them, with all those scoops. Then again I've seen Mustangs that make his look amazing in comparison.

Anyways, I could see putting one of the hardtops on a convertible for the months where you wouldn't want to put the top down anyways. It'd look almost indistinguishable from a coupe and protect the ragtop from wear & tear from the elements. But, makes an already heavy car heavier. That and there are better ways to spend $1500+ on your car IMO. And to your argument Thomas, I'm sure it's great for people who sometimes regret they bought a convertible and want to save money by buying the top over buying a different car.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
The window in the rear is kind of small. Wouldn't it be bigger. Its not bad looking. I think the 94/95 are the true hard top verts.

the convertible hardtop was only offered in 1995 models. it was supposed to be released in 1994 but never made it to 94 production.

I could have sworn I have seen a couple of 1996 mystic convertible hardtops but couldn't find anything on them so I am guessing they were aftermarket conversions.

Tunedprt91

Established Member
95Poo there is a member on here who has owned a few of the 95 hardtop verts and knows a good bit about them. I remember reading that the tops from the 95's will fit all vert models up to 04 but you have to drill two small holes somewhere. The 95's came with the holes to make the top work. So if you find a original 95 top somewhere that should work.

Users who are viewing this thread