Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

oldmodman

Established Member
Mine has started out weird. As usual.

I got a call last night from a friend. She and her son lost their ride to LAX to get on a plane to Texas. So I said "sure, I'll drive you"

Their flight time was 5:15am so I planned on leaving at 3am. So we FINALLY got out the door at 3:50. Made it to the airport at 4:15 and I was back home by 4:35

Now it's on to the store, get the stuff I forgot and right back home to start cooking the Prime Rib. I'm leaving all the non meat cooking to the ladies.

But I'll throw the pie in the oven. Hope I have enough booze around. Don't want to run out of that.

What do you have planned for today. And what typically goes wrong with yours?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very nice of you, Drew, to get up that early to take your friend and her son to LAX. ;)

I pray that everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends. We have so much to be thankful for. We're going over to our niece's around 1:00 for a traditional Italian thanksgiving. About 30 people. We'll start with a table full of antipasto, followed by two soup choices, and then turkey and the trimmings. Happy Thanksgiving!
1_123125_123112_2208002_2235635_091124_rec_whyturkeytn.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Lots of food here as well. Lasagna, turkey, all the fixings, and a honey glazed ham. Good eats!

4a7191a

Established Member
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here as well.
I did my pre-thanksgiving party yesterday.
Smoked brisket while doing two birds for the next day.
Might as well utilize the pit and wood right :)
Then basically drank the whole day and into the night. Barely ate and passed out.
Woke up today with a massive hangover and kinda just existed at the Thanksgiving table, still drinking too. Lol the only true way to cure a hangover.
Everyone loves the turkeys and I thought I did a good job on them as well.
One bird was jalapeno and Caribbean jerk. The other was butter and garlic injected.
Yum yum

Users who are viewing this thread