Happy new owner of a 2003 10th Anniversary

ItalianSVT

Established Member
I am now the proud owner of a 2003 Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra it has 8,200 miles on it. It already has a K&N FIPK and a Flowmaster Cat-back. So, anyone else close to Knoxville?? It is a safe bet this car will never see snow because I doubt the traction control will help out that much. It will be a bit of an adjustment going from all-wheel drive back to rear but I love being able to have fun driving again.

ItalianSVT

Established Member
can anyone host them?

do I need someone to host them? or can I just put them up on the site?
not sure, I know on 3si.org I needed somneone to host my pics.

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Go host them on a site like Photobucket or Imageshack. I personally have had better luck using Photobucket.

ItalianSVT

Established Member
probably stock

to be honest it will probably stay stock until the warranty runs out which will be about 3 more years.

What can I do to it without voiding the warranty??

Also where the heck can I find a locking gas cap for this thing?

stangfreak

Established Member
ItalianSVT said:
to be honest it will probably stay stock until the warranty runs out which will be about 3 more years.

What can I do to it without voiding the warranty??

Also where the heck can I find a locking gas cap for this thing?

honestly depends on the dealership guy. a catback and cold air intake is fine.

you know what it is, its hard not swapping the pulley on this car. if you have ever been in a cobra with a pulley you would know lol maybe you have been in a pullied cobra, i dont know good luck!!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new Cobra! As far as warrantee friendly mods, you're best to talk to your dealer and see what they say. I did that. But like Stangfreak said, usually a catback and cold air intake (or ram air intake) is acceptable. Mine told me I could do a shifter, intake, exhaust and ported throttle body but as soon as I changed the pulley I'd be on my own. A month later I changed the pulley and was on my own. LOL! It was too hard NOT to. I had the car for just under two years and never had a problem with it. It was a blast to drive. If you think 400rwhp is fun, 504 is a blast and a half. Best of luck with your car.

One word of advice. Don't start throwing mods onto your car without taking some time to decide exactly what you're looking for. You'll save money and be a lot happier in the end. JMO.

MikeW

Established Member
ItalianSVT said:
I So, anyone else close to Knoxville??

Congrats on the new ride :beer:

Svtoanashville.com may have some Knoxville folks on it. Good Local (TN) site.

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
Congratulations and welcome aboard. You'll get used to the RWD as soon as you start shifting at 6k RPM and hear the tires squeal. Good luck and have fun.

Shlby

Established Member
Congratulations on the 10th.
I would like to invite you to the Summer nights cruise here in Somerset KY.
Its about 2 hours north from Knoxville. We usually have about 1000 cars every month. The most was about 1500. Its the 4th saturday of the month starting in April. For more info go to http://www.somernitescruise.com/.
See ya there!!

ItalianSVT

Established Member
Thanks guys

Shlby-Thanks for the invite to the cruise it sound like a good time. I will have to make it up there for it.

Also thanks to everyone else for all the good wishes and mod ideas.

Right now the car has to get to the upholstry shop because a seem in the passenger seat let go and they need to restich it---thankfully it is a warranty cover. But with the snow/sleet the car is just hanging in the garage. not quite as good in the snow as a twinturbo stealth so I nee to find a better replacement for that hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread