Happy customer of Lund Tuning

KushBandit

Established Member
Can you elaborate? I'm wanting to use the rev auto cai.

Intake velocity, for the most part. The bigger MAF housing on the JLT results in reduced intake velocity vs the FRPP. The shape of the FRPP bend is also smoother, no awkward buldge to hurt flow like on the JLT. The JLT wasn't designed for the Cobra Jet manifold anyway, its simply a 2010 GT CAI. I'll add that the lack of a coupler is a bonus. Only one clamp for the throttle body.

The best bet would be the rev auto, as it won't leave any power on the table. I was recommended by 2 tuners against the Rev Auto CAI on a daily driver, plus its about $500. I dont think 2rwhp is worth $200 extra lol.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Intake velocity, for the most part. The bigger MAF housing on the JLT results in reduced intake velocity vs the FRPP. The shape of the FRPP bend is also smoother, no awkward buldge to hurt flow like on the JLT. The JLT wasn't designed for the Cobra Jet manifold anyway, its simply a 2010 GT CAI. I'll add that the lack of a coupler is a bonus. Only one clamp for the throttle body.

The best bet would be the rev auto, as it won't leave any power on the table. I was recommended by 2 tuners against the Rev Auto CAI on a daily driver, plus its about $500. I dont think 2rwhp is worth $200 extra lol.

How did you determine the difference between intake velocities on a JLT versus FRPP besides look or shape of CAI? Do you have MAF flow rate per lb comparisons to share? Or some hard data to back it. Be great if you do. :)

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
How did you determine the difference between intake velocities on a JLT versus FRPP besides look or shape of CAI? Do you have MAF flow rate per lb comparisons to share? Or some hard data to back it. Be great if you do. :)

No, I'm only going by the words from your tuner, Jon Lund. My current tuner mentioned it to me as well, though he recommended the Rev Auto for the most power. The JLT works just fine, however it's not as optimal as the FRPP and Rev Auto units.

Last edited:

Jumpmaster2015

Established Member
No, I'm only going by the words from your tuner, Jon Lund. My current tuner mentioned it to me as well, though he recommended the Rev Auto for the most power. The JLT works just fine, however it's not as optimal as the FRPP and Rev Auto units.

I bet FRPP put more R&D money into their CAI than any other company has combined (CJ setup wise)

Last edited:

KushBandit

Established Member
I think so as well; I would hope so, at least. That might explain why it took so long to release. FRPP certainly had a stake in racing and not just selling parts. However, it's only a CAI, I would personally expect a narrow performance differential between all of them. Just go with whatever is cheaper. Then again, wtf do I know? lol

Apparently, Shaun@AED doesn't like the JLT compared to the Rev Auto or FRPP intakes either. That means 3 of the top tuners for the CJ setup agree the JLT CAI isn't as good as the other options.(AED, Mike Rousch, Lund). Apparently, JPC likes the JLT over the FRPP unit, so who knows for certain. I haven't seen data but more reputable tuners agree than disagree.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?955953-Cobra-Jet-manifold-reworking/page16

Drew probably makes the best one! ;)

Last edited:

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member

I'm not married to any one intake, but was curious if there was hard data. Since we don't have a sensor right before the TB what are your maf flow rate lb per minute numbers on your FRPP? That might show some differences? I would think maybe the less efficient cai would show lower numbers. Worth examining. But, a 2-3 hp difference in the end does not matter. :).

Vegas5OH

Established Member
I like the Frpp part just because the quality and look is 10x better than the JLT. The heat shield on the JLT is trash and had very high IATs all the time because its open on the bottom and lets hot air right from the headers into the CAI. The FRPP heat sheild is sealed and utilizes the stock CAI duct next to the radiator resulting in much lower IATs. I have owned three JLT CAIs and they were all ok, but this frpp blows all of them out of the water quality wise.

Users who are viewing this thread