Happy customer of Lund Tuning

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Wanted to give a shout out to Jon Lund for helping me get my car dialed in. I have a 14 auto car with the infamous CJ package. Car was running 12.1's through the stock mufflers (1500 elevation track) and stock 245 all seasons last time at the track. Leaving off idle it was still spinning pretty bad on the 1-2 shift.

I have dumped the stock mufflers and stepped up into some much needed 275's. He tweaked my shift points up couple hundred rpms and car is feeling beasty on his 100 octane tuning. Looking forward to getting into the 11's on a street tire this spring. His response time and overall customer service has been exceptional. Thanks again Jon. :D

clc44

Established Member
Sounds like a good running car Op. How do you like the cobra jet with the automatic? Also, do you recommend the breathers for the PVC?

I have a '13 auto with Martin sick. I'm about to install long tube headers and an off-road mid pipe. Im selling my kooks axle back and bought a GT500 single tip. I know they weigh a little more, but I didn't want the car to be too loud.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Sounds like a good running car Op. How do you like the cobra jet with the automatic? Also, do you recommend the breathers for the PVC?

I have a '13 auto with Martin sick. I'm about to install long tube headers and an off-road mid pipe. Im selling my kooks axle back and bought a GT500 single tip. I know they weigh a little more, but I didn't want the car to be too loud.

Hey Man, thanks for asking. My car is just a street tire cruiser with occasional track runs. I wanted a car that will hook reasonably well on a street tire. So basically what ever the car runs at the track it pretty much runs the same on the street (assuming reasonable weather and conditions). I'm not looking to run 10's like most on here. Just want a reasonably strong car for the money. Car runs and drives great.

So yes, happy with the cj. Picked up about 3 mph more trap and 2-3 tenths off versus stock intake. All runs on same 245's. Same night full Kooks exhaust 15 gt stick on DR's setup (Lund tuned) was trapping 1.5 mph less. We finally got her shifting around (hard to do on 13/14 auto car for whatever ecu reason) 7600 now (7400 previous) which should help. The 275's today were helping a ton. ;). Full weight GT/CS less spare.

Cool. I'm sure the headers and midpipe (tuned properly) will run great. I think the GT 500's sound great. Yeah, mines a little loud (stock resonators), but I dig it for play car. Keep us posted on install. ;)

clc44

Established Member
Thanks for the reply! It'll be Mike Rousch tuned, so that'll be covered. I won't have cats or resonators as I just bought jpc ota pipes. Should sound great!!! I'm thinking CJ set up with 4c circle d stall.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Thanks for the reply! It'll be Mike Rousch tuned, so that'll be covered. I won't have cats or resonators as I just bought jpc ota pipes. Should sound great!!! I'm thinking CJ set up with 4c circle d stall.

Cool. Do you plan on running drag radials/slicks full time? A 4c would be useless on street tires. Guess this is not a daily for you. Lol. Good luck bud.

clc44

Established Member
Cool. Do you plan on running drag radials/slicks full time? A 4c would be useless on street tires. Guess this is not a daily for you. Lol. Good luck bud.

It will be a while before the converter. It's my daily atm. When my street tires wear out I'm getting nitto nt05r 305/35/19 drag radials. Can't wait to get the exhaust buttoned up. It's going to be a nice 20-30 rwhp/Tq and sound great.

Vegas5OH

Established Member
I just got my car dialed in with lund on E85 with the cobrajet and it hauls ass. Dont know why I didnt switch before.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Awesome. Glad to other guys' are happy too. A good running n/a cobra jet coyote is a lot of fun. I like the fact you can beat on it (with proper maintenance/fuel quality) without the worry (of new motor $$ coming soon) myself. ;)

cschoening09

Established Member
ive got a 1.9 60' on sumitomo a p01 all seasons and bama tune. full bolt on boss manifold . just got my lund tune so hopefully it improves. stock converter leaving at idle also

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
When I went to the track, I had 2 tunes. One from Lund and one from another great tuner. Lunds netted me a 12.4 vs the other tunes 12.5. identical 60's. I ran each one 3 times to see who's was the best and i'll stick with Lund.

Users who are viewing this thread