SNCBOOM

Established Member
Alright alright, you don't have to give me another reason to drink. :beer:

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
TCM has been playing his older movies all day, bout to start Dirty Harry

Classic :beer:

AMC played Heartbreak Ridge earlier, great movie.

Watched it too. ;-)

i watched all the 3 "the man with no name" series earlier. Damn i love those movies

:bowdown:

Happy Birthday Clint. This nation greatly appreciates that last anti-American movie you brought to the screens.

:dw:

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Anothe pretty cool movie I watched yesterday was, Where Eagles Dare(I think thats what its called) , old 1969 WWII movie with Eastwood.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Anothe pretty cool movie I watched yesterday was, Where Eagles Dare(I think thats what its called) , old 1969 WWII movie with Eastwood.

+1
"Kelly's heroes" was good too. :thumbsup:

you guys should check out "Unforgiven" great movie

I paid to see that in '92. You're right- it has to be considered one of his best. :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One of my favorite actors of all time. Very talented actor and director. And I hope I look as good as he does at 80. He's a good man! Happy Birthday Clint!!

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
Happy Birthday..."blondie". Clint's always been cool. Between him and McQueen we were overdosed with cool in the 60's and 70's. I wonder if somebody "made his day"?

Unforgiven...excellent.

im guessing you mean invictus

Actually it was "Letters from Iwo Jima." Some of the scenes were appalling in how American soldiers were portrayed. When I think back to reading about the Bataan Death March, it bothers me a great deal what he did in this movie.

RaD28r

SVT FTW
Established Member
Actually it was "Letters from Iwo Jima." Some of the scenes were appalling in how American soldiers were portrayed. When I think back to reading about the Bataan Death March, it bothers me a great deal what he did in this movie.

I didnt find it anywhat offensive, just tell's the Japanesses version of Iwo Jimo :shrug:. Did I miss something?

I didnt find it anywhat offensive, just tell's the Japanesses version of Iwo Jimo :shrug:. Did I miss something?

Almost all of the Japanese soldiers in the movie were shown as courageous, loyal and kind men dragged into the war against their wishes. I was really bothered by that one scene where Eastwood has the Japanese troops treating an American prisoner with compassion. That was where he gave the guy his last morphine injection. That whole scene was a disgrace. The reality was that US soldiers were shown brutality and ruthlessness by the Japanese. Plenty of WWII vets have written and spoken of that treatment. There were also human experiments on prisoners in Manchuria by the Japanese. Then there was that other scene, where a Japanese soldier who deserted his squad surrendered to the US troops, who then shoot the prisoner. US soldiers treated Japanese soldiers way better than that. Those scenes were a real slap in the face to the people that fought in WWII. Things didn't go down like that. That's all I have to say.

Users who are viewing this thread