Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to my daughter ... And it's a Ford!

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
Ever since my daughter was young, she has wanted a stick shift car when she turned 16, specifically, the same model Evo I brought her home from the hospital in years ago. She has been going with me to track days watching me instruct for years, so I taught her to drive my current Evo on the golf course at 10, and then later I would let her drive the GTR at my private track days, bumping around the track at a slow speed. My plan was to restore the 2004 Evo back to stock, and give her that, but after starting the process, I found I couldn't de-mod it; I am sure other car guys will get it, as I felt I was ripping apart years of work. So, I told her she could always track/drive the Evo when she wanted, but I was going to get her something more stock and more reliable for her first car, with actual power windows, AC, and a stereo, all things my Evo RS doesn't have. So, I started looking earlier this summer, thinking I had lots of time, as she is only 14, almost 15.

Well, it happened sooner than I expected, but I found a great deal on a used Focus RS, which I couldn't pass up. Car had less than 3k miles, and was already done with suspension updates (swaybars), and was super tight. Unfortunately, the guy selling it had some significant health issues, and wanted out of the car, and as we had some mutual friends who put us in touch, we were able to work out the deal. So, now when we rent TGPR this spring, my daughter will be able to make some laps, NOT AT SPEED, but doddle around in her car while we are between sessions, getting familiar with it. It has been great, we are looking at mods, I am teaching her all the different options she has for suspension, tuning, and aero, I can't think of anything cooler, than sharing my love and knowledge around cars with her.

Now, to be clear, although this is HER car, she will most likely drive Fusion Energi I currently use, as her true daily because she can get to school, cheer, gym, and back home on charge only. She has learned, gas for this car is pricey, and she wants it to be a fun/friday car, so it won't be her only option, not to mention insurance on this as an only car. And to be clear, she gets the same deal my dad gave me, she can drive whatever she wants, but she pays her on insurance, gas, and mods, which won't be a problem, as she has already been working tutoring kids for tumble and helping at the gym.

I have posted some pics below .... I had been thinking of this day since she was born, hoping that my daughter would have some of my car love. I was lucky enough to have a girl, who although she cheers for both her school and Allstar, and is a 'girly girl', truly shares my love and passion for autos, and doesn't mind getting her hands dirty on a car.

When she got the car on her birthday, I had it hidden in the garage with the other toys.
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2803.jpg

FullSizeRender 8.jpg

IMG_1796.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 96
  • FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
That's awesome to see, great choice in car and color as well.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Holy crap, two cars at the age 14 to pick from?! And one is a RS in one of the best colors they come in. She is a lucky girl!

Zemedici

Established Member
birthday dab hayyyyyy

congrats on the purchase, she seems ecstatic. Good parent award, right there.

grd951

Established Member
She’s very fortunate.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
RS for the weekend, track days all the time, Evo and GTR occasionally....not sure if you have any boys but I am available for adoption :)

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
That's awesome man!!! Me and my wife just welcomed our first child (girl) into the world a couple of days ago. I hope she also shows some passion for glcars when she gets older.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread