Hanlon Motorsports Trans install!

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
finally got the trans finished up, and my new bumper on (tho not painted)

trans was rebuilt at Hanlon Motorsports, what a great guy to deal with. explains everything very thorough and did an excellent job. i threw in an 03 cobra clutch right away, and its really an easy clutch on the foot/knee. its gonna be a long 500 miles :(

here are some crappy pics/a vid quick from tonight

1266376260.jpg

1266376270.jpg

[ame=http://s646.photobucket.com/albums/uu189/turbo2300/Mobile%20Uploads/?action=view&current=MOV00004.flv]
th_MOV00004.jpg
[/ame]

on a side note, i ****ed up my finger pretty good. you cant fit a floor jack under the car, so i had it up on blocks of wood. well, this kid helping me forgot to tell me he took the e brake off for other reasons, and i noticed the car rolling forward, towards the end of the 2x6s i had stacked up, and had it rolled off, it would have crushed the dog and the brand new garage doors. i grab the wheel spokes and yank the car back, not knowing the kid helping was pulling too. i didnt even think to pull my hand out of the wheel, and i wedged my left middle finger in between the wheel and the caliper. my finger was almost flattened down to the size of my pinky, and through a glove it drew blood. i have never felt as much pain as that since my wrist breaking incident. well, now my finger swelled up to twice its normal size, but hey it still moves

Brutal Metal

Established Member
COOL keep us updated on how the Tranny performs,guys have been saying good things about Hanlon for a place to beef up the T-45!

99BRA

Established Member
sucks about your finger but de flmk about the trans cause im thinking of getting my t45 rebuilt

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
i cant wait to get hanlon to build my trans. He is local to me pretty much as well. My stang is lowered with cut h&r's so its very low. I drive the front up on one 2x4 under each tire in the front and put on the e-brake. The floor jack then fits under the front. Im tryin to figure out what you did where you almost had an accident

99BRA

Established Member
I'm guessing he tried to stop the car from rolling by grabbin g one of the spokes on the wheel

turbo2300

new svt *****
Established Member
sucks about your finger but de flmk about the trans cause im thinking of getting my t45 rebuilt
i would totally go to him again, its great :rolling:
i cant wait to get hanlon to build my trans. He is local to me pretty much as well. My stang is lowered with cut h&r's so its very low. I drive the front up on one 2x4 under each tire in the front and put on the e-brake. The floor jack then fits under the front. Im tryin to figure out what you did where you almost had an accident
mine is on steeda springs, and i guess my floor jack is slightly oversized now that i look at it..

anywho, i had the RF tire up on 3 stacked 2x6s, and i let the jack down. a friend had the ebrake off (another story in itself) and i didnt know it. the car started to roll forward, towards the dog and the garage door. another 3 inches and it would have hit them both. closest thing i was to was the wheel, i had intentions on just stopping it, but the friend i had helping grabbed the B pillar (the windows were down) and pulled it back, so i went along with it pulling it back. the exact second i thought, gee, theres a caliper somewhere here that would suck to OW!!!! i actually stopped the car with my finger, and i had mechanix gloves on and it drew blood through the glove. i was afraid to pull the glove off for fear my finger would stay in the glove it hurt that bad. so yea, much like 99BRA says below. moral of the story, keep your hands out of the wheel.
I'm guessing he tried to stop the car from rolling by grabbin g one of the spokes on the wheel

Users who are viewing this thread