Hangover Nationals-LACR Jan 1-4

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
James

did you get some gears?

Still stock -- just interested to see who is running what...

IMHO the KB cars should move back closer to the stock gears, if not all the way back to the 3.55s.
The KB guys are pushing 100+ more rwhp than the strongest of us Eaton guys.

I think the 4.10s do help us underpowered folks get these two-ton Tessies rolling, but I don't connect with how they help a KB car.

As always, I stand ready to be educated.

Yeh, I know, not exactly on target of the thread.
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Still stock -- just interested to see who is running what...

IMHO the KB cars should move back closer to the stock gears, if not all the way back to the 3.55s.
The KB guys are pushing 100+ more rwhp than the strongest of us Eaton guys.

I think the 4.10s do help us underpowered folks get these two-ton Tessies rolling, but I don't connect with how they help a KB car.

As always, I stand ready to be educated.

Yeh, I know, not exactly on target of the thread.
James

So you can prove or disprove my point tomorrow Allan.
We want to see some smoking from your Cobra!!!

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
i doubt that i'll ever change the gears. the instant torque doesn't help those of us (me) that can't drive.

Perfect practice makes perfect. You saw Tetge's list of runs...
I think he has at least 2x my number on my Cobra.
See you tomorrow,

hitting the sack.

James

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Any thing under 14.000 ET requires a D/L :(. Im trying to get Buddy Buddy with the Tech Guys so they dont bust me for it.

Just bring ur helmet with ya & tell them that this is ur the 1st time ever on ur car to a strip so ur not even counting on a 13.999.

;-). Plus they will give u 1 warning :beer:

It s...ck if I go all the way to lacr for nothing. What if they look under the car? They kick me out for sure:mj: :mj:

stang99

I have never seen them look under a car. They might ask what you expect to run and you tell them that you are stock and have never been to the strip but you are meeting some experienced racers. Tell them that you will be taking it easy because you are still getting used to the power of the car. If they push tell them that you hope to get into the 14's with your street tires. Do you have an approved helmet? They usually don't bust you for the loop until you have run too fast a few times since the h-pipe sort of acts like a loop in any case so it is not a real priority safety hazard concern. Cages and helmets get immediate attention at LACR for the most part.

Originally posted by RDSZ
It s...ck if I go all the way to lacr for nothing. What if they look under the car? They kick me out for sure:mj: :mj:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Wednesday I told them I expected low 13's or high 12's, they never asked about a loop, and they didn't look. They did check my helmet for the snell sticker.

I have a loop, if anybody asks, or if they have a mirror on a pole to look. There's no way to see it w/o a jack or a lift, unless you have a mirror on a pole.

On a serious note, a loop is cheap and easy to install. Don't put it off another year, it's a decent piece of safety gear

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
They're pretty strong, I wouldn't want to hope my car wouldn't try to hop over it.

No helicopter landing on the track for me. No thanks!
Seeing that Wednesday night was enuff!

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Yes, I bolted in a Metco loop before the the Sept 2002 Sals Day

It could just as easily have been welded in by any competent mufler shop.

Eric could do a sweet job with it

stang99

It's glommy in Palmdale but no rain yet. The clouds are ugly and its cold. The weatherman says there is a 50% chance of rain froom morning until evening. No way of telling for sure, but, it feels cold enough to snow.
Quien sabe? We can still work on cars in the garage and then do Gritas at the restaurant.

Originally posted by jhwalker
It's raining in Bell Canyon. The weatherman said dry in Palmdale.
I'm running out to do some stuff, will call before I put the car on the trailer.
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
It's glommy in Palmdale but no rain yet. The clouds are ugly and its cold. The weatherman says there is a 50% chance of rain froom morning until evening. No way of telling for sure, but, it feels cold enough to snow.
Quien sabe? We can still work on cars in the garage and then do Gritas at the restaurant.

Sounds like a plan. I'd like to see the TB on for tomorrow.

We need PModdy's knowledge...
James

Users who are viewing this thread