Hangover Nationals-LACR Jan 1-4

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:idea: I need practice ;-).

Count me in but if its a BURRRR night....sorry i cant stay past 9PM since by 8:30PM i was ready to crack.

Post a time slip, I wanna see the breakdowns.

I thought launching a solid rear would be a pice of cake:??:

stang99

If PMachy would put the free Flowmaster exhaust on his car at minimal expense and put his K&N drop in filter in and invest in some DR's, he would be in the 13's easily. Stock, the car will be frustrating for a "real" drag racer because street tires suck at the strip big time. And, everyone knows that all Mustang V-8's should have an exhaust that represents. The K&N goes without saying. After I started to run Nittos, I made one attempt on a Friday night on F1's and I never tried to run on street tires again. No comparison between any DR and any street radial.
Come on Dave, let the modding begin. You saw those other Machs and how they ran. The nice thing is that you can do it all reasonably cheap.

stang99

Hey, Adam's first run was good stuff. The boy can smoke those ET Streets with the best of them. And, the car sounds really smooth while doing the burnout. When he left, it was immediately obvious that he was on his way to an 11 sec pass. Very impressive running car.
We missed George running the 11.72, although I saw him go 123 for crying out loud. I was having an excellent time teasing him about his ET's so it is just as well that I left before he ran on teh ET Streets.
If LACR gets some serious prep and the weather cooperates, the Hangover event might yield some seriously good times for you fast people.

stang99

After a K&N and a nice cat back exhaust the next most important mod would be the adustable clutch quadrant. Then, if you are going to drag race, and you have a proper helmet and a drive shaft loop, it is obvious that you need drag radials. I believe that jhwalker proved beyond any doubt, how important a mod DR's are. They also are made to be burned in second and spun at the strip. Street radials are next to useless at any strip.
You do have a safety loop, don't you? They are easy to install. You just put the car way up on four jackstands and then remove both seats and you can do the install. You don't have to take the carpets out because you can reach underneath them, but, you do have to use some care when drilling the holes.
BTW: I used a cheap HRC mutli piece loop so that I did not have to remove the drive shaft to install it.

I hope they prep past the 60'. 2nd gear is where im lossing my ET. 3rd gear chirps arent so bad but spinning them for what it seems like an eternity killed me.

At least now i know better on what to do next time out.

Maybe i should go back into my 45degree garage & start tearing off some weight.

Last edited by a moderator:

stang99

Sometimes I don't know what you are talking about. I'm not the least bit pig headed about Mustangs. Everyone knows that most fast muscle cars have exhausts with some sounds coming out of them. You shouldn't be able to sneak up on people like you can with your stock exhaust. They should at least be aware that you are coming. It's just not correct for a fast car to be so silent. That's not pig headed. That's the rules.

O.K. O.K.O.K.

I wont be " Pig Headed " like you, so forget my 2nd e-mail. It makes only sense that i do IT.

Well wont be until after the Dyno Day BUT yes my car's Exhaust will represent the sound of a Mustang....Happy :D

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
PMod, FuShnik, Tetge,
I'll plan on getting out there close to 2:00 pm and lay out the little mods I want to play with. I want a baseline run, then make a change, run again, think, maybe tinker a bit more, etc.

I may not stay around the whole evening this time --- Tetge, we are due some Gritas so this can really be Hangover Nationals Saturday for us.
James

stang99

You got it. The FREE EXHAUST will be cleaned by then and waiting. *MODS RULE*

P. give me 1 hour. I should be at ur door step by then. :rockon:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Yes....gates open @ 2:00pm.

Might want to leave like 1 1/2 hours earlier this time :eek: :rockon:

dang. 3 hrs. we could swap all sortsa stuff before making the first run.

leave 1.5 hrs earlier? sure, if i'm conscious. ;-)

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
PMod, FuShnik, Tetge,
I'll plan on getting out there close to 2:00 pm and lay out the little mods I want to play with. I want a baseline run, then make a change, run again, think, maybe tinker a bit more, etc.

I may not stay around the whole evening this time --- Tetge, we are due some Gritas so this can really be Hangover Nationals Saturday for us.
James

Gritas, Woo Hoo!

stang99

You do not need to take the sway bar off completely. Just take off the 16mm nuts on the top and bottom of the two rods and pull off the bushings and then remove the rods. Tie the sway bar with tie wraps up to the back of the engine. There are some brackets that are not near anything that is revolving that work fine to tie up the bar. I always use three tie wraps, but, one would work just fine, as would some wire. There is no load on the sway bar at all after the rods are removed so you are just tying it so that it will not hit the suspension or hang down under the car and flop around.
I use an air rachet and it only takes a few minutes. I jack the car on the passenger side and put one jackstand under that side. Piece of cake.

What the heck are u all talking about :??:

I dont know if i want to show up that early. Im going to need to take off my Sway Bar completely off the car.

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
James is the luckiest dog, he can sit out and howl at the moon any night he chooses now.

I only have this week, next week it's back to the dungeon.

In the meantime, Ah Oooooooh, Ah Ah Ah Oooooooh!

stang99

Yes. I envy James. I do not wish to return to my work after this week. But, someone has to pay for my race program.

Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
James is the luckiest dog, he can sit out and howl at the moon any night he chooses now.

I only have this week, next week it's back to the dungeon.

In the meantime, Ah Oooooooh, Ah Ah Ah Oooooooh!

Users who are viewing this thread