• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Hang in there Texas

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by RedVenom48, Feb 18, 2021.

1. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Just wanted to tell my friends from Texas that I pray you all make it through this ok. Crazy whats happening there.

So far, if you have been affected, whats the biggest issue you got going right now? Power? Food? Fuel? Not enough dank memes from @03Sssnake ?

Hang in there friends.

2. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member Established Member

Presently, good with power and essentials. Boil water notice in effect, but otherwise business as usual.

3. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Established Member

Friends and coworkers in Corpus and Los Fresnos (almost as far SE as you can get) just got power on today.

No water or power since Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

tones_RS3 likes this.
  4. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

Man I feel for you guys. I remember being without power for a week after hurricane Sandy

nxhappy likes this.
  5. SSCOBRA03

SSCOBRA03 Active Member Established Member

Power is out in parts of Kingsville right now. Going to be 27 tonight.

Additionally, San Antonio has been hit real hard. The grocery stores around here get their goods from San Antonio so certain things are not available like eggs, milk and bread.

MG0h3 likes this.
  6. Morgan

Morgan Well-Known Member Established Member

I’m close enough to Houston that we have a ton of grocery stores along with Costco and Sams. The shelves are definitely not getting restocked like normal because the inbound roads are treacherous.

Today was the first day with moderate cold temps and no moisture, at least in my area.

jdcobra likes this.
  7. john11gt

john11gt Well-Known Member Established Member

I just saw some videos of burst pipes and water pouring into houses. You would have though someone would have told them to let their water run to avoid this?

SSCOBRA03 likes this.
  8. RedVenom48

RedVenom48 Ghost Editor-in-Chief Premium Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Probably never expected it to be that cold for that long to think about it. Probably not built to the same spec as in cold weather states.

Id still move to Texas though. Maybe this causes some liberal Californians to move back?

Tob, rborden and blk02edge like this.
  9. CompOrange04GT

CompOrange04GT I like Wood, and not Oak in my butt Established Member

Where I’m moving to in East Texas just got their power back

couple friends in Abilene were out of power from Monday til today

10. rborden

rborden Well-Known Member Established Member

I see comments on social media about people whining the government isnt putting them up in shelters.

Some Texas Mayor resigned today because he offended some people in his town.

c20ca8f4e11d04b03c498e19204cf642.jpg

Last I checked someone in the family needs to be a LEADER.

Every household should have an EMERGENCY PLAN of what to do during any number of events that CAN and WILL HAPPEN at one point in time or another.

Just because you’re South of the Mason Dixon line does not mean it won’t get cold, freeze or snow.

Always have cold weather gear on hand, matches, firewood, food, bottled water, flashlight, batteries, candles and a weather radio.

Always keep your vehicle gassed up so at worst you can pull it out in the driveway and go sit in the car to stay warm until the power comes back on.

Did Americans forget how to be Americans? Everyone’s become a ****ing wimp these days and wants to rely on Uncle Sam for everything.

What in the ****?

JPKII, rotor_powerd, kazman and 9 others like this.
  11. MG0h3

Man you live there? I haven’t been through there in awhile!

Last time I was there, Applebee’s had a smoking section lol.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

12. BlckBox04

BlckBox04 I am the liquor Premium Member Established Member

Dude it’s 2021 and a dipshit named Biden got the most votes in history from his basement. A majority of the population waits for the government to help them oR tHeY’rE RaCiSt. They’re followers not leaders.

13. Bdubbs

Bdubbs u even lift bro? Premium Member Established Member

We northern people are use to this. Either run water frequently (which could be a waste if just running it to keep pipes from freezing) or open all faucets and turn the main water supply off. Leave the faucets open.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

14. DiB14-SAFD

DiB14-SAFD Active Member Established Member

Monday was a shit show in San Antonio. Made so many calls for burst pipes at hotels and apartment complexes. All we could do was shut the sprinkler systems down, drain the pipes, turn off the power to the affected units and tell residents to find somewhere else to stay.

My station was without power all day and our roll up doors were broken so we had to move our engine to another station for the night so the pump didn’t freeze.

Made a couple working fires and pretty much ran for 24 hours straight. Felt really bad for the elderly people we were making that we couldn’t do much for. Lots of people running out of oxygen and no way to charge their home ventilators.

Today has been much better and it looks like we are on the backside of the worst of it. Fingers crossed we don’t come across to many doa’s over the course of the next week.

Tunedprt91 and RedVenom48 like this.
  15. 5.0 Hatch

5.0 Hatch Active Member Established Member

I'm surprised by the lack of coverage on what's truly going on around there. It's not good at all.

lOOKnGO likes this.
  16. tones_RS3

tones_RS3 I like members members. Premium Member Established Member

I hope my friends down south get their power turned on quickly and get back to normal.
    Stay strong my friends!

nxhappy likes this.
  17. apex svt

apex svt MEAN STREAK Established Member

Being in charge of managing 8 truck stop’s fuel supply has been extremely difficult. Gas sales are through the roof and sending drivers out for resupply is unsafe. Pipelines aren’t pumping due to power outages, terminals are either frozen or out of power, supply is thin driving prices up.

I’ve been on the phone for hours on hours. Sincerely feel for the people in Texas. Trying to do my part.

18. MG0h3

There’s a run on gas here and we’re all the way in El Paso.

Guess some dipshit suggested it on social media and that’s all it takes

2021s TP fiasco.

****ing lines at every station

Nobody lost power here at all

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

19. RedVenom48

Shit, gas is going to go through the roof huh?

20. triple-s

triple-s Well-Known Member Established Member

My power was off for 3 days and water off for 2 days. But everything has been on since yesterday luckily I fueled up on Sunday when it started to come in. Me and my sidekick keep everything pretty stocked so we're good but my neighbors are telling me the grocery store is out of everything and you have to look for fuel. We stayed warm using the fireplace but at one point it was 30 degrees in the house.