Hand picked owners

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I get it but don't get it, regarding the social media influence.

Cool, some guy has a YT channel who talks about his GT. 99.9% of his followers could not afford a GT, let alone be on that list. Was it some idea that some SMW would kiss Fords ass on their channel/page and in turn some random dude would want to buy a Ford Focus?

I agree.

BUT, 99.9% of the world population can't afford a Ford GT.

More views of the car = more marketing for Ford.

If they sell it to a guy and it sits in their basement for 50 years...a handful of people have seen it.

If they sell it a guy who has 25mil followers on Instagram, 25mil people saw it in the matter of seconds.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I bet Ben will get one. Now the question is would he want want if they offered it. After seeing his posts he seems to be happy with his Ferrari.

And lol at thinking this thing will beat an acr. That's like saying a demon will beat a cobra jet. Either way ford got its publicity and all of the GTs are sold out before they were even in production.

Kiohtee

Established Member
all fun and games until a Ford google search yields no results

Sent from my Galaxy S8 using Tapatalk

I honestly don't know if Ben even wanted one. That's for him to say (maybe he already has?). But regardless, when he feels it's time to retire/quit Google, this would be the ultimate goodbye and F you.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bet Ben will get one. Now the question is would he want want if they offered it. After seeing his posts he seems to be happy with his Ferrari.

And lol at thinking this thing will beat an acr. That's like saying a demon will beat a cobra jet. Either way ford got its publicity and all of the GTs are sold out before they were even in production.

Unless they release more allocation, which is possible but doubtful, Ben won't get one.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I get it but don't get it, regarding the social media influence.
Cool, some guy has a YT channel who talks about his GT. 99.9% of his followers could not afford a GT, let alone be on that list. Was it some idea that some SMW would kiss Fords ass on their channel/page and in turn some random dude would want to buy a Ford Focus?
I agree.

How many GT cars are Ford making anyways?

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
I agree.

BUT, 99.9% of the world population can't afford a Ford GT.

More views of the car = more marketing for Ford.

If they sell it to a guy and it sits in their basement for 50 years...a handful of people have seen it.

If they sell it a guy who has 25mil followers on Instagram, 25mil people saw it in the matter of seconds.

except Ferrari has done this as well but to loyal Ferrari owners. not social media whores. and Ferrari still cant make cars fast enough. and Ferrari has also put restrictions on people reselling certain cars (flipping). and if you piss Ferrari off, youre out of the inner circle. like DeNiro said. once youre out of the inner circle there's no getting back in.

but as mentioned, maybe Shmegeal, or whatever his name is, driving around in a Ford GT on YouTube will get 18 year old IG kids to run to the Ford dealership to get a Focus or Fiesta or ecoboost mustang. just seems like a big F you to enthusiasts and Ford loyalists.

would be awesome if treynor could make google searches for ford bring up the chevy website. even if just for a day lol

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Meh...**** ford and Facebook etc...total bush league move and just further underscores we have become nothing more than a land of imbeciles.

o2gt

Established Member
I think its to bad the way ford did this. Im sure they have their reasons, but I'm not a big fan. frankly I just wish they had let the market handle things. Honestly there are only so many people that can afford this car and a smaller number that want one. I know one original owner of the last model who was denied. I thought about pushing my dad to look into buying one but knew he had no chance of being selected. I guess it is what it is. hope the owners really enjoy the car.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I think its to bad the way ford did this. Im sure they have their reasons, but I'm not a big fan. frankly I just wish they had let the market handle things. Honestly there are only so many people that can afford this car and a smaller number that want one. I know one original owner of the last model who was denied. I thought about pushing my dad to look into buying one but knew he had no chance of being selected. I guess it is what it is. hope the owners really enjoy the car.
I think you have that backwards. There is a lot of people who want the car but only so many that can afford it. They sold out the entire run pretty damn fast. There was a few thousand people who seriously applied for a 400k dollar car. Think about that for a second.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
The social media thing doesn't make sense to me. You have a guy flash his GT all over his feeds, for what? There aren't anymore GT's to sell. As a car enthusiast myself, I would not go buy a Focus/Fiesta/Mustang just because some guy I follow gets a GT. Is that really how Ford thinks they will get new customers? lol

_Snake_

Established Member
The social media thing doesn't make sense to me. You have a guy flash his GT all over his feeds, for what? There aren't anymore GT's to sell. As a car enthusiast myself, I would not go buy a Focus/Fiesta/Mustang just because some guy I follow gets a GT. Is that really how Ford thinks they will get new customers? lol

It gets people talking about the brand, just like the Demon is doing for Dodge.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
That's how marketing works.

o2gt

Established Member
I think you have that backwards. There is a lot of people who want the car but only so many that can afford it. They sold out the entire run pretty damn fast. There was a few thousand people who seriously applied for a 400k dollar car. Think about that for a second.

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Sure there are lots of people that would like one but almost none of them can afford one. what Im saying is there is a small number of people who can buy this car and a smaller number of them who want one. thats why I say let the market dictate how many get produced. the production numbers would still be low but more buyers would have a chance.

Established Member
I think the capacity to produce tubs is so limited that there is no way to meet demand. They knew that was the limiting factor going in, so how do you allocate what will certainly be in short supply for more than a two year run, thus extending the halo car's life cycle? You couldn't touch an 05 without the dealer ADM thru the roof, but in the summer of 06 anyone could buy one because the bloom was off the rose. Ford has smartly extended the window of desirability by keeping buyers in the loop for a longer time, lesson learned form the first series. BTW, I know the first run was only slated for 2 years, but as a potential buyer, the way they marketed the first run lost me to another car purchase, as well as numerous others. Ford learned.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
IMG_1975.JPG
I forget his name, but some youtuber has been doing videos on his GT. he has two 1000hp older GT's. I imagine he will make a ton of videos.

I believe you mean Andy Frisella. He owns the Orange one above.

If Ben had one of the 1st gen, I imagine he would've gotten one.

But honestly, he might not of. The guys that got them are much larger social media whores than him.

This was also asked on the Ford GT forum. DBK's response...
"Can you name me 8 internet wonders that got a car out of the 750 cars allocated?

I think this incorrect perception lingers that a ton of social media celebs got a car. That's just not the case."

750 over three years. 125 each year will go out of the states.

I think they up it 1000 in 4 years. I believe the first 750 have already been allocated.

Users who are viewing this thread