hand held or dyno tune? after pulley

MrJohnny

*****:10yr Anv 03 COBRA
Established Member
Like title says. Should i get a dyno or hand held tune, after 2.76 pulley??
I know dyno is better, but is it worth it??

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Just keep in mind you should have a w/b with a e-mail tune so you can log and verify your a/f. That said, I did a remote tune and my car runs great, but took a couple revisions to get the a/f dialed in.

horspla2000

Established Member
Your mods are very simple, so it shouldn't be a big deal, BUT I say DYNO DYNO DYNO!!! Speaking from a VERY VERY bad experience from a mail order tune that cost me an engine AFTER spending HOURS datalogging, buying a wideband and wiring it up to datalog it etc etc and after all that, it NEVER ran worth a damn! It only ran good after I gave up and got a dyno tune. Not worth it, get a dyno tune and KNOW where you stand vs guessing and hoping. BTW, DO NOT beat on it til you get it tuned!

Last edited:

derockgt

Established Member
i have a jon lund tune and its spot on 11.7-11.8 with my wide-band. car runs strong. i had a dyno tune on it before and it feels better with the lund tune, id like to get it back on the dyno to see the numbers it makes with the new tune.

horspla2000

Established Member
My last one had many changes done and he had to start from square one. I was charged a little over $300 out the door. It took over 2 hours but he doesn't rush it and makes it right the first time. I don't know if that means anything tho, other places could me more or less, take longer or not as long, but I would guess that is pretty average.

Users who are viewing this thread