Han Solo Got a Shelby GT350

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Finally got the R out on track. More to come.......

Buttonwillow R.jpg

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Looks......Killer.........

Nicely done car. I love all the added details and stance. The rims are a perfect fit for that body style too. I also do love the F1 inspired side lips on the car (I don't know the technical name for them).

Last edited:

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Here are a couple of recent photos of the SV701 on my GT350R. Got invited to a local show called Karmecca and it was pretty cool. Lots of hard parked activity though. I have been debating lowering the car and adding the DSC Sport Controller. The Carbon Composites by MAD front splitter has the scrape armor attached which is pretty robust. I would like to reduce some of the wheel gap while retaining the same spring rate, or as close to it as possible. My thought is that lowering the car 1/2 - 3/4 of an inch will make it look great, while the added ability of the DSC controller to control suspension changes may save me on public roads. Been at this crossroads before and trying not to tempt fate. Any input?

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_3.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_1.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_2.jpg

SV701_GT350_R_Han_Solo_4.jpg

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
[bcolor=transparent]Custom Lug Nuts
The custom lug nuts for the GT350R platform are done thanks to the help of MGW, @Tob, and some good buddies at The Snake Pit in Ohio. Measurements came out great and are flush front to rear. They do an excellent job of hiding the exposed front extended studs on the R when you switch to an aftermarket wheel. I will walk you through some photos and my thoughts.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Finished Products
Here are some photos of the lug nuts after being coated with black oxide. They are freshly oiled so everything sticks to them. Recommended to oil them up every month or so with WD40 on a rag or some gun oil to add some extra shine if you want. I do like the coating and finish overall, although they will scratch if you drop or hit them hard with the socket. Good thing about these is a sharpie will fix any small mistakes you make.[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]
Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_1_2.jpg

Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_2_2.jpg

Cusom_GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_3_2.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_15_of_15.jpg
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent]Exposed Studs Before
Here are some photos of the car with the ZL1 Addons titanium lug nuts, and front studs exposed.
GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_10_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_11_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_12_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_14_of_15.jpg
[/bcolor]
[bcolor=transparent][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
Hidden Studs After

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_1_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_2_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_5_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_6_of_15.jpg

GT350_R_Lug_Nuts_7_of_15.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[bcolor=transparent]Conclusion
I am happy with the product and how it turned out. It accomplishes the goal of hiding the exposed studs, and will blend very well with a dark colored wheel. Even with a lighter colored wheel it takes the focus off the stud and puts it back on the wheel. I much prefer not needing to put my deep socket so far into the lug nut hole and risking damage. I would encourage anyone purchasing a set to have them redone some custom way down the line. From my experience any time you have metal on metal the friction could leave a mark on the surface. If you drop a lug nut or hit it the coating may show wear. My personal idea to really tie it all together is to use some Shadow Black touch up paint to color the very tip of the stud so it matches with the end of the lug nut. In any case, let me know what you think.[/bcolor][/B][/bcolor]

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
New wheels are finally done. Signature Wheel SV306S in a 20” GT350R spec. Waiting on tires and have to get these ceramic coated when they arrive. Then it’s game time!
D7848D3E-7014-4971-99CD-D7BC7AE21BCE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread