Halo 3 First to Own via Pontiac giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
I posted about it in another Halo thread and got a few PMs, so I figured I'd post up some pics. Both my brother and I won a copy from Pontiac's Halo 3 giveaway. It is my understanding they did this 4 nights, 250 people winning world wide each night. To win you had to complete a puzzle to "locate" a G6 GXP in the US (answer consisted of city and state) and then proceed to answer a multiple choice question about the specs of the G6 GXP. We won ours the last of the 4 nights (only night we played.) Apparently people were posting on forums it was taking them over a half hour to solve the puzzle, we were done in literally about a minute. Neither of us have a 360, nor do we play video games. We were told about it from another friend, (who also won) so we all played at the same time. It was pretty intense, lol. Anyway, my copy (#951 of 1000) is for sale, and I don't know if I should be expecting more than market value for it. Anyone know if I will be able to see more than $60, or whatever it sells for? Here are the pics...sorry they're terrible, but they get the job done for this thread.
DSC05239.jpg

DSC05241.jpg

DSC05242.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

DSC05244.jpg

DSC05246.jpg

:beer:

Last edited:

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
man i would put it on ebay regardless of what that sticker says. Get it on there now and start it at 99 cents. I bet it would go for a pretty hefty price. I mean the PS3 was goin for 2000+ for a 600 dollar machine. Get it on there!

GetBlown2k3

Established Member
put one on Ebay ASAP, and then hold onto one for a long time. Never know what an unopened numbered edition of a very popular game will go for down the road...

tbizzle

Established Member
GetBlown2k3 said:
put one on Ebay ASAP, and then hold onto one for a long time. Never know what an unopened numbered edition of a very popular game will go for down the road...

+1. good investment strategy

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
black Robra said:
congrats, Aren't u the guy who doesn't have a 360.

Yeah, I'm that guy. (you make it sound like I'm the only one, hahaha)

GetBlown2k3 said:

The thing is it won't sell until after it's released anyway...so the fact that it would be #xxx of 1000 is really the only selling point other than it's a brand new Halo 3, unopened. So I figure whether it sells now or in a month, it'll probably be at the same price. If I sell it down the road it may increase as you mentioned. I know I'm not going to open it or play it, and I'm not sure it'll bring anything more than market value for a regular Halo 3 right now, after the 25th (release date)

Last edited:

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
Since you have no use for the game. Put it in a box and leave them there. Im sure someone a couple of years from now, will want it because of what it is.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
picked up a Halo 3 360 the other day. retired my original launch day core to my brothers house, which is still running flawlessly. Really looking forward to the game.
full_1842_p119750.jpg

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
03ShadowCobra said:
picked up a Halo 3 360 the other day. retired my original launch day core to my brothers house, which is still running flawlessly. Really looking forward to the game.

Maybe you should buy mine for ridiculous amounts of money. :D
:beer:

sonicboom141

I want a cobra!
Established Member
Man I thought you would be like the only one. So I could say have fun playing by yourself lol
Now you can get better than people!

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
Congrats! You're not the first to own though. A few stores went against policy and started selling them early... like a week early. Also a few friends who work on the advertising side were given them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread