Half mile run vs supercharged M5

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
Participated in the WannaGoFast event in Sulphur Springs on Saturday. 1/2 mile runs at the air strip. This was a ton of fun and will definitely be looking to participate again next year. Here's my second run against an e60 m5 with a Vortech, and the smg tranny.
https://vimeo.com/145775510
I trapped a 136 here. I'm pretty sure the m5 trapped in the high 150's.

I was blown away by the cars at the event. A ton of cool cars and not a single one stock.
I unfortunately only got 3 runs in before the oil pressure started going south. A small example from the drive home, needle drops as you get into it. Praying it's only the sensor
https://vimeo.com/145775798
This is the first time I've gotten to really drive this car since getting it back to 100% so bummed this happened.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That must have been a blast for all the participants. I've seen similar videos posted here and every event looked like mucho fun. Is the win based solely on top speed in the 1/2 mile? I assume so.

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
I knooww! Shift to second and third need a lot of work. Upset i didn't get a chance to work on it more. It was such a blast! Everyone was excited to be there. Yup, they based it off top trap speed

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
I saw you there. I was going to say hi but you were in a pretty deep conversation with this one guy and I was on my way back to get my car ready. Your car looked great and it sounds awesome in that video! The half mile is so much fun and it doesn't matter how fast you are. It's a safe place to really open up your ride and enjoy going all out.

TClark22

Established Member
I feel like you should be in the high 120s trapping 1/4 mile...how did you only go 136 in the half?

1998SVTCOBRA

With all due respect...
Established Member
earico - I definitely saw your GTR, awesome ride! Haha no worries, yeah everyone out there was super friendly and easy to talk to. I really appreciate it, I had an absolute blast being able to open it up like that.

TClark22 - Just poor driving I'm afraid lol. I was hoping to be in the high 140's but unfortunately with the 3 runs I got I just didn't quite get there. My third and final run I feel like would have broken into the 140's but I missed 4th (I know!), and still trapped a 133.

HighTourque - I tried to keep an eye out for you but couldn't remember from you Sig the color of your GT500! I was definitely blown away by the field of cars from luxury to muscle cars. Great run man, that is hauling ass. Were you consistently dropping 150's? I was seriously struggling with the whole shot.

HighTorque

Established Member
Yeah i know there were a couple of people here out there but so much going on i couldnt find anyone lol

i ran a total of 14 times over the 2 days. Best run 153.8 only 3 runs under 150. Lowest was 144 i was spinning way to much. I was out there with a friend that had a blue with white stripe shelby with a ford racing windshield banner.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
earico - I definitely saw your GTR, awesome ride! Haha no worries, yeah everyone out there was super friendly and easy to talk to. I really appreciate it, I had an absolute blast being able to open it up like that.

TClark22 - Just poor driving I'm afraid lol. I was hoping to be in the high 140's but unfortunately with the 3 runs I got I just didn't quite get there. My third and final run I feel like would have broken into the 140's but I missed 4th (I know!), and still trapped a 133.

HighTourque - I tried to keep an eye out for you but couldn't remember from you Sig the color of your GT500! I was definitely blown away by the field of cars from luxury to muscle cars. Great run man, that is hauling ass. Were you consistently dropping 150's? I was seriously struggling with the whole shot.

Thanks man!

That dust was horrible. That didn't help you RWD guys any. You will get better with more practice for sure.

Yeah i know there were a couple of people here out there but so much going on i couldnt find anyone lol

i ran a total of 14 times over the 2 days. Best run 153.8 only 3 runs under 150. Lowest was 144 i was spinning way to much. I was out there with a friend that had a blue with white stripe shelby with a ford racing windshield banner.

153 is solid on that dusty surface!

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I was wondering if anybody here had made it out to that event. Had a buddy that went and he was posting tons of pics on Facebook. Nice gathering of cars from all ranges. 918 looked tits. I can't imagine how it looked in person.

02trubluegt

Semper Fi
Established Member
Was a fun event I was out there wiht my buddies who drove out from NC. Some super nice cars out there and alot of guys just racing the wallets. I think I saw your car run. I def saw the s/c M5 run and damn.

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I think it's very likely that your oil pressure issue is just the sensor. The sensor in 96-98 cars at least is just a switch. It shows pressure when I believe there is anything above 5 or 6psi being seen. It wouldn't/shouldn't have a sweep like that.

Users who are viewing this thread