Half-Mile Racing: GT500 vs Z06s

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
You basically get rolling up to 40ish MPH than you pass the cones and hit it, till you pass the 2nd 2 cones. With your car having 4.10s than ya will definitely be in 5th. If you want to do half mile events you will want 3.31s

So you got me thinking so I did some math at the Wallace Racing calculator site.
My 4.10 in 5th (0.77) is like a 3.16 rear.
From a 40 roll I'd be about 2000rpm in second and at 165mph I'd be at 6000 with 170 at 6200rpm in 5th.
Obviously I'd lose time with a 4-5 gear shift and might pull less in 5th but if there is a local 1/2 mile event that allows DRs I'd give it a roll (pun intended ;-) ).
-J
:beer:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
So you got me thinking so I did some math at the Wallace Racing calculator site.
My 4.10 in 5th (0.77) is like a 3.16 rear.
From a 40 roll I'd be about 2000rpm in second and at 165mph I'd be at 6000 with 170 at 6200rpm in 5th.
Obviously I'd lose time with a 4-5 gear shift and might pull less in 5th but if there is a local 1/2 mile event that allows DRs I'd give it a roll (pun intended ;-) ).
-J

Lol, well do they have any 1/2 mile events around were you live, I would like to see what your car traps

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I'm honestly suprised you beat the supra. What happened on that race? For you only having 50hp more he should have ate you up.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm honestly suprised you beat the supra. What happened on that race? For you only having 50hp more he should have ate you up.

Traction was probably a big factor on that race, there was a lot of high HP supras getting killed at the 1/2 mile event i was at cause they are to stupid to run a good tire, I know I put about 3 cars on a supra that was making 650whp and I'm making 683hp

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Traction was probably a big factor on that race, there was a lot of high HP supras getting killed at the 1/2 mile event i was at cause they are to stupid to run a good tire, I know I put about 3 cars on a supra that was making 650whp and I'm making 683hp

Doesn't do you a lot of good to go to an event like that with crappy tires. Supras are amazing from a roll with good tires.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't do you a lot of good to go to an event like that with crappy tires. Supras are amazing from a roll with good tires.

I agree, but I was suprised how many high HP cars were at the event running a shity street tire, I put a hurting on a KB swapped 2010 GT500 cause he was running a street tire. I couldn't imagine running my car on anything but DRs or slicks

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member

That's why we don't race dynos or internet racers.
2 keys to a big turbo/small displacement car like the Supra is boost lag and traction management when the turbo does hit.
On a GT500 with instant torque and a sticky tire, that advantage for the start is very hard to overcome even in a 1/2 mile event, plus our GT500s don't lay down up top, so that Supra would have to have a huge power advantage to overcome a terrible start.

Steve---I googled and found the closest event in Chicago, about 4hrs and something I'd be willing to do.

Justin---A friend sent me a 'meme' poster of your car killing one of the vette's because he knew it was the same color combo as mine, was funny I knew exactly where it was from because of this post.
-J

my13Elenor

Established Member
Awesome car! So was the second H/C car you beat 620 whp or brake? Because I have a friend on pump with a C6 Z making 595rwhp so I'd assume he would be around 650bhp, it looks like he was ever so slightly ahead of you at the end?

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
Awesome car! So was the second H/C car you beat 620 whp or brake? Because I have a friend on pump with a C6 Z making 595rwhp so I'd assume he would be around 650bhp, it looks like he was ever so slightly ahead of you at the end?

All horsepower was wheel horsepower. He got the win by a bumper since he hooked and I slightly spun.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member
I'd love to participate in this. Is there a website or something I can follow so I know when this happens again? I'd love details

Look into the "wannagofast" 1/2 mile events. They are huge in the Midwest and east coast. They have standing starts and rolling. It really doesn't matter what you do as long as the guy your racing know what mph to hit it at or whatnot.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member

He wanted a rerun at higher boost. He took off fast to spin the tires to get heat in them. I also made 750rwhp in Vegas but since the race was at sea level and cooler air, I may have had 30-40 more HP. I still.have the stock heat exchanger too. Only thing I wish I upgraded are the brake pads. The shut down area is short and at 4100+ lbs and 165+ mph, they faded fast.

Turbo98GT

Mod Motor Mustangs
Established Member

Traction is everything. I just have the 315 NT05 (Non DR) but with the team Z rear suspension and a decently warm launch pad, they held up well. I make nearly 800rwtq at 2500rpm so I was curious how they would do

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Traction is everything. I just have the 315 NT05 (Non DR) but with the team Z rear suspension and a decently warm launch pad, they held up well. I make nearly 800rwtq at 2500rpm so I was curious how they would do

I would say they did pretty damn good, you should definitely try the NT05Rs next.

Users who are viewing this thread