Had the car retuned

Sny714

Established Member
When I bought the car I was told the car made 312rwhp and 305rwtq and I had the dyno sheet to prove it. Well since then I have added a Ported Lower(from NA SVT), PHP spacer and switched out the O/R H for an O/R X pipe. Besides doing suspension/wheels and such that was the only performance mods Ive done. So I decided to have it retuned due to the Ported lower being added. I used the same shop with a dynojet that was previously used for tuning the car. At first I was somewhat dissapointed because the car didnt peak much higher than before, 317rwhp and 309rwtq, and that was after the tuner did 4 runs. So I decided to take a look at the dyno sheet given to me by the previous owner and compare. That was when I was happy.

The previous dyno tune the car made above 300rwtq from 4600-5100rpm.

With this new tune the car made above 300rwtq from 4200-5500rpm!

So at 4200rpm I gained 20-22rwtq. Also the car has more TQ throughout the whole range.

HP Curve was somewhat similiar with little gains here and there, nothing really worth mentioning. Although the car doesnt feel extremely different I noticed it does pull much harder from 4k+ in any gear.

I do owe this to the Ported Lower Manifold from NA SVT. Thanks! I know Mach 1 owners love the PHP spacer but Im not sure if it works as well for our cars. Also, I already knew this but the Tuner said my BBK Cai is just about as bad as a Cai can get. I wouldve seen a couple more HP with something else, he recommended the steeda. I can't wait to get back to the track and get a couple of runs in.

scan.jpg

Last edited:

omj

Established Member
Damn it! It's killing me to see a dyno from a bolt on car with your PSR. Can you PM me some photos of your work to tide me over for a while? ;)

Sny714

Established Member
Nice results! What else do you have planned?

If I was to do any performance mods to the car before next season it would be nitrous. But, Im scared of blowing my engine so most likely the car will never see nitrous. Eventually I want an aluminum flywheel, switch to JLT and possibly switch to 4.30s or 4.56. The 4.10s are fine with me but once the car is a strictly weekend only car I might do 4.56s.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
what were your SAE numbers 307-311/300-304ish???

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Sounds about right. The porting is really about the whole range and not as much peak numbers. Congrats, you have a nice car.

Sny714

Established Member
Great numbers!!! If you want to switch up your intake go with a JLT RAI or CAI

Yea thats what I had in mind, although the tuner said I shouldnt use "plumbing supplies" for an intake. He said Steeda is the best bc they use the factory elbow which doesnt get as hot as quickly as others. I'm probably still going to order the JLT since I see they have their Nov Sale going on.

whats the verdict on the PHP spacer? :rockon:eek:r:nono:

I cant tell how much the spacer helped since I did the ported lower at the same time. Honestly if I was to do it again I would probably just save the $100 and not buy the spacer. Who knows though, the Mach guys claim TQ increases with it, so it couldve contributed to my numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread