Hackers are fn up the English Aljazeera site

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
LOL, I just heard on MSNBC that hackers are attacking the new English version of the Aljazeera site.
So much so I can't even find it on the web. :thumbsup:

Keep it up fellas :lol:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Ya' know, I just thought about something. The may try to return the favor and hack a US site. What if they hack SVTP.com and send everyone' post count back to zero?...lol :eek:

:-D

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Hackers aren't their biggest problem guys. Might have tripped up their launch, but there is a greater probelm.

'The surge traffic badly hit the site's performance. Product manager Roopak Patel of performance tracker Keynote Systems said the site's performance "went to hell" on March 23.'

~Reuters

Traffic crashes more websites than a hacker ever could. The Al Jazeera site has saturated its datapipe; ie you cant visit the site because there is no connection to it.

Just informing the masses.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
Whatever the case, I hope it never gets back up.

Don't like seeing the other side of things, regardless of whether its right or wrong?

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox
Don't like seeing the other side of things, regardless of whether its right or wrong?
No, nothing like that
They are essentially doing Saddam's dirty work. They are spreading more propaganda that will just make this war last longer and prove to be more bloody.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by MattNCSU
No, nothing like that
They are essentially doing Saddam's dirty work. They are spreading more propaganda that will just make this war last longer and prove to be more bloody.

Which is the other side....

Let me ask you this, and then I will be done with you.

Do you feel the American news organizations are guilty of broadcasting propaganda?

MattNCSU

Who sharted?
Established Member
Yes, to a degree. Example: The news organizations may have given the public the idea that this was going to be a quick war. Did Bush give this impression? Not that I know of.
Now our own gov't is trying to tell the people that this is not the case. So, this is mostly the media's fault, keyword: mostly.

In the case of the Iraq side. Propaganda is started from both the gov't and the news organ. Why? To convince them that the Americans are inferior and only want to kill the innocent.
Its intentional and could cause significant problems in the next few days.

Thankfully there is huge media coverage in Iraq that tries to limit this.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Originally posted by Scoriox

Matt, you really think Al Jazeera presents a legitimate "other" side? Come on, it is all propaganda and what thier government wants us to see.:bored:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
Originally posted by FordSVTFan
Matt, you really think Al Jazeera presents a legitimate "other" side? Come on, it is all propaganda and what thier government wants us to see.:bored:

Thought I would highlight that since it seems to be miscommunicated.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
My point is it is not the other side, nor is it right or wrong when it is a non factual/erroneous representation.

It isnt two sides of the same coin. It is one side of the coin of reality and one side of the coin of propaganda.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
Ya' know, I just thought about something. The may try to return the favor and hack a US site. What if they hack SVTP.com and send everyone' post count back to zero?...lol :eek:

:-D

That would just suck

Users who are viewing this thread