H & R springs installed!

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
You guys have had much more success than I have. I just had my H&R Super Sport springs installed along with MM caster & camber plates and my car is way to low - I mean it is slammed. I took it to get an alignment and they couldn't do it because it's so low! I cant make it over short speed bumps without hitting and I have even hit going through dips in the road. I am not sure what I'm going to do? Anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do? I really don't want to put my stock springs back on. Need advice!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
03mustangsvt, Did you have the poly spring isolators installed with you're springs? I know if you use the stock isolator the drop will be lower.

03MUSTANGSVT

Established Member
Hey plan b - yes I had the new isolators installed when the springs were put in. I see here that someone used the MM isolators. Does anyone think this would work? I am debating on going with the Eibach J springs. I'm not sure what to do?

Last edited:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
To be honest with you the MM guys dont know jack ...well atleast from what I was asking them...
They told me that the Race srping from H & R SLAMS the car dramtically and that new shocks were a MUST. He also told me that the SS's drop the car tops 1 inch and that new shocks were not needed.
I just went on what people were telling me and pics from a friend of mine on his 01 cobra.
The MM's guys also told me that Eibach Sportlines lower the car alot less than the Pro kit...Sorry but from the 2 other stangs that I have had the sportlines lower the car alot more than the pro kit.
Nothing against MM's but its pretty sad when you dont know products you sell.
Ohh well atleast they make good isolaters.:shrug:

Last edited:

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
F8l Vnm, I have a convertible and am doing the springs sometime soon, I'm installing all the bushings LCA,UCA, front and rear diff, and irs subframe bushings at the same time as the springs. I can't make my mind up on the springs because there are so many conflicting reviews about them. Since my car is a vert, the stock spring rates are less than the coupe anyway. Maybe I'll get the race springs since you had good luck with them. The main thing is that I don't want the car slammed for 2 reasons. First, I don't want to bottom out everywhere I go (crappy roads in Michigan). Second, I don't want to crush the Long tube headers when I install them. Good review on you're springs, good luck!

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Originally posted by 03MUSTANGSVT
Hey plan b - yes I had the new isolators installed when the springs were put in. I see here that someone used the MM isolators. Does anyone think this would work? I am debating on going with the Eibach J springs. I'm not sure what to do? [/B

I would try the MM isolators before spending more dough on another set of springs. See Vroooms post up above. I would still like to see pics of F8ls car with the race springs. Sounds like his setup works well.

Users who are viewing this thread