H & R springs installed!

F8l Vnm

Established Member
After a long search I finally decided to go with the H & R RACE version ..
I got alot of help and hints because I didnt want the car slammed at all.
The drop is perfect!!!:beer:
I also bought MM's front and rear isolaters and I think the car dropped no more than an 1inch all the around.
The ride is perfect and I'am more than stoked!
Funny how H & R rates both springs the same drop..
I have seen SS's in person and the super sports slam the hell out of the car.
To each his own though.:D

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hey abtin glad to hear you got them in! lotsa folks having trouble getting those springs.

btw...

postpics.gif

;-)

CobraBri

Established Member
Originally posted by F8l Vnm
After a long search I finally decided to go with the H & R RACE version ..
I got alot of help and hints because I didnt want the car slammed at all.
The drop is perfect!!!:beer:
I also bought MM's front and rear isolaters and I think the car dropped no more than an 1inch all the around.
The ride is perfect and I'am more than stoked!
Funny how H & R rates both springs the same drop..
I have seen SS's in person and the super sports slam the hell out of the car.
To each his own though.:D

where did you get them and are the race springs really harsh?

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
another the the Race version help out with is wheel hop. i have had them on my car for about a year now and they ride perfect. if they were any lower my longtubes would have been ripped off by now.

Satin03

Established Member
You guys are right on with your timing on this post!!! I have just recently started looking to buy the SS springs and ended up purchasing the Race springsas a result of the national backorder. I was a little worried at first, but you guys have put me at ease. Now, if I could just light the fire under UPS's ass!!! Thanks.

Mike

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Abtin,

I'm lookin at the H&Rs as well. Hook me up with a ride I want to check it out.

Any other upgrade such as shocks or C/C plates? Call me D-O-G-G

-Ron Dogg

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Hey guys thanks ...
As for the pics , this weekend I'am going to X2C and I will try to remember to take pics.
As for stiffness , I'm not sure Vs. the SS;s..
But I do know after comparing the ss's and the Race the race lowers extremly less.
Funny how everywhere rates them the same drop.!
The ride is perfect , I dont even realize that they are lowering springs.
Stock shocks and CC plates ...
I defently have to get some pics ...
Damn ALLAN!:shrug: :D

-Abtin

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I cannot tell the difference in ride..
Car is smooth!
I will defently try to get those pics..
Ohh BTW I have 18 inch wheels Y2K cobra wheels.

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Just curious- If it looked like its stock ride height, and rides like it did stock with no difference, then whats the point of the springs?

Its got to be stiffer and a little lower and handle better to justify them right? So? Whats the review?

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Originally posted by Vrrooom
Just curious- If it looked like its stock ride height, and rides like it did stock with no difference, then whats the point of the springs?

Its got to be stiffer and a little lower and handle better to justify them right? So? Whats the review?

The car is defently lower that stock.
Roughly 1 inch.
The reason why I was so happy is because on almost all the springs on our 03/04 I researched , either they slammed the car or the front and back didnt look good etc...
I mean I even found people mix and matcjing F and R springs.
I defently didnt wnats to do that nor did I have the money.
Like I said the car rides like stock..
Springs are red , and another important thing is for roughly 50 or 60 bucks I had X2C Motorsports put in MM F and R isolaters when they installed my springs for me at the same time.
I also have long tubes and It does not bang one bit , I have a pretty steep drive way.
Like everyone has said before pics will be more than words.
I will try my best to get pics this weekend.
Also as far as the Wheel hop goes X2C just got done building and installing a new motor for me , so thats why I also got the springs at the same time so I havent really got on it too much but I did slam the car a couple of times on the street and freeway from like a 2nd and 3rd gear roll and the car was reallll smooth!
I really think these springs are perfect for some one that is looking for the lowered look but dosent want to slam the car.
Believe me I was searching for about a month before I made my decision.

Last edited:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Although they say the H&R Super Sports and Race drops are totally different, I think they are close. The Race are probably 1/4 of an inch higher.

The reason your car is sitting the way it is, is also because of the MM Spring Isolators. I went ahead and got the MM Isolators as well and my car rides and sits perfect.

I have the H&R SuperSports- and its not slammed... Pic:

feb22063.jpg

But good choice on the springs. I wanted to go with Race but was afraid the Linear Rate springs would have been too harsh, but I see they're not from your experience.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
I spoke with a tech at MM and he said the race springs would lower the car more than the super sport springs, he also stated that race springs would require different shocks. The stock shocks would be underdampened from what the guy at MM said. I'm probably getting the super sports in April when they become available, apparently they are on backorder. Thats cool that you're happy with the race springs though, do you feel the need for different shocks with you're setup?

Satin03

Established Member
That's funny..I got quite the opposite advice from the guys at MM. :mj:

I guess it all depends on who the salesman is and how bad he needs the sale. In either case, the H & R website states that it is recommended...not required. With that and F8l Vnm's experience...that's good enough for me. I also got really excited when someone mentioned that it helps eliminate wheel-hop. Once I get these things installed...I'll find this thread again and post some results. Hopefully the "search" function will ba alive and well by then.

Thanks again F8l Vnm for all the useful info.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread