H&R Sports, H&R Race, or Eibach Pro Kit???

• H&R Race

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • H&R Sport

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Eibach Pro Kit

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other...Post below

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
see sig, H&R race no top rear iso's

FYI, the whole myth/rumor about springs with no isolators are noisy is just that, it's BS. It's just not true. I have had my set up since 2008 and never heard a peep.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
Race springs here, no isos. No noises, been like this for 8 years now. With my Steeds x2 ball joints, I can go another 1/2" lower ip front, but that's too low and would rub everywhere.

I guess another big factor that i didnt think of at the time is what size wheels you're running. Ive got my stock wheels, but if you've got 18's on it, it would close the gap that much more. Since im running OEM wheels, i might leave in the lower isos and take the uppers out on Race springs. It looks like you've got 18's on yours... i think.

Last edited:

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
see sig, H&R race no top rear iso's

FYI, the whole myth/rumor about springs with no isolators are noisy is just that, it's BS. It's just not true. I have had my set up since 2008 and never heard a peep.

I might be wrong but i think the top isos are kind of like the top leaf spring on a pickup, it doesn't get used unless you put a big load on it. That might be the same case with cobras, the top iso never really gets touched or rubbed unless you hit a big bump or are carrying passengers. Just a thought though.

Oscar_SVT_Jr

Established Member
All Iso's In, Eibach Pro Kit
adf1bc4d-1b55-4f0e-9b4f-29c64f3d0b48.jpg

did the Eibach's need time to settle in? I have a 03 vert and i think your drop is the drop ive been looking for. nice car btw!

Beavis281

Established Member

H&R sports. All 4 Maximum isos installed
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456570826.999394.jpg

Last edited:

dutch5

Established Member
Kevin,
My name is Randy "Dutch" Deutschendorf and I live in Frisco, TX. I have a 04 Cobra and I'm waiting for the TF wheels (Sleeper with the 04 Sleeper offset) that I ordered to show up. I'm looking to lower the car for the obvious reason - appearance and somewhat for handling. I remember the article on your old car and if I remember correctly you had H&R Race Springs in the rear and cut stock springs up front. Not sure if you had one or both ISOs removed. I would like to firm the ride up a little (stock springs are a little spongy) and have looked at the poll results on the forum. Trying to decide which springs to go with. Would like to discuss the various options with you. Also I'm looking for assistance to help with the install - I know you're close to my location and was wondering if you would be interested in helping me out. If not, do you have someone that you could recommend. Here is my contact info: [email protected] or text/call at 630-777-5372. Thanks!

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Just cut the factory springs to the desired height. That way you can get the EXACT ride height you desire and keep the ISO's in place.

I hope you aren't serious... Cut springs on a termi :nonono:

In my opinion, go with coilovers. They're adjustable so when you decide the its not low enough, or too low, you can adjust them to your desired height.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope you aren't serious... Cut springs on a termi :nonono:

In my opinion, go with coilovers. They're adjustable so when you decide the its not low enough, or too low, you can adjust them to your desired height.

And you call them termi. Coilovers isn't the best option on these cars for everyone. Some like them, some hate them. Same thing with aftermarket k members.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
And you call them termi. Coilovers isn't the best option on these cars for everyone. Some like them, some hate them. Same thing with aftermarket k members.

Are we on the same page that cut springs aren't the answer though?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

I agree for the most part, but if it's a mostly stock cobra I don't see the problem. I wanted a stiff spring rate.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

I went with H&R Race but nothing wrong with cutting stock springs. It doesn't hurt them they are linear If I remember correctly.

BOOOSTD

Mr. Torch Red
Established Member

H&R Race springs, no front isos, rear upper oem iso - no noise!

95ac7a21a0b41abe9f8539a31344aab8.jpg

bigmoose

Established Member
I like the ride feel with my H&R race. My previous cobra had the eibach pros and I hated the progressive spring rate feel. I felt they gave the car too much roll.

GodStang

Established Member
I have run Eibach Pro, H&R Race, MM Coilovers. Coilovers installed correctly way better than the other two but like the H&R a bit better than Eibach. As far as noise/rougher ride on minus isos that is not always a Myth. Had Isos taken out on vert and it was noisey and rough mostly in harder bumps. Added poly isos and it quieted down and was nicer ride. Think a lot has to do with road quality.

Users who are viewing this thread