H&R race vs Eibach Sportline

apex000

Established Member
What spring , shock & strut are you using ? i'm sort of in a tight spot deciding where to go in terms of the better combo . if you could post pics , info and what you think of your setup that would be awesome , feel free to include other recommended items such as the panhard bar , strut mounts . Thanks

- T'erre

86Fbody

Established Member
Maximum just came out with a setup that has springs similar in drop and rates as the H&R race springs. They are using the Koni Yellows, PHB, and camber plates.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
The H&R race springs are pretty harsh (at least for me they were), but the Eibach's ride very well, I'd probably go for those even though the drop isn't as much as the H&Rs, just for comfort sake.

apex000

Established Member
The H&R race springs are pretty harsh (at least for me they were), but the Eibach's ride very well, I'd probably go for those even though the drop isn't as much as the H&Rs, just for comfort sake.

true . i'm also considering Ford Racing K springs as well . i found a set locally that has never been used for a pretty good price

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I'm on the H&R race and tokico D specs. The ride is a bit harsh but I loooove the stance. I think the drop is perfect. Been on these springs for about 10k miles now. Yes it is rough but it's not over the top as opposed to the "p" springs I had before. With all that being said I think about changing them out occasionally for a lower, better riding spring because I put these springs on for autocross and I haven't really been doing it. Go figure.

5.0GT

Established Member
I have the Sportlines and tokico. The car bounces a little but not as harsh ride you just feel the road more. If I scrap or something it's because I'm going too fast, or that speed bump was designed by an idiot it clears everywhere perfectly. I would never go less than the sportline drop, people and you won't notice the difference after few days and won't have a nice stance.

If could do it again I'd get the D2 coilovers that JPC are selling. for less than 1k you get adjustable height, damping, camber plate and the spring rate of your choice.
Either that or a higher end like Eibach R2 or KW
D2 Coilover Kit (2005- 2014 Mustang GT / Boss / GT500) - Justin's Performance Center

Take it for me you never wanna cheap out on suspension!

Hotchkis panhard is a hard to adjust and tighten. I'd go with BMR or something else. Hotchkis swaybars are cool and adjustable, but I might pick the whitline because they don't need a relocation bracket if you'll run 15x10

Last edited:

Dave5.0

Established Member
Koni Yellow + Steeda Sport or Ultralite. Done.

H&R Race would be more suited to the Yellows if you plan on keeping the Yellows at 1/2 turn +.

Users who are viewing this thread