H&R Race or Sport Springs?

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
So I am looking at lowering my 2001 Cobra in the coming months and I was looking at either the H&R race or sport springs. If anyone has pictures of either that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Gibs07GTcpe

Established Member
Not a Cobra, but here is my wife's 04 Mach with 275/35 18 in the front, 285/35 18 in the back, HR Sport springs(NO ISO's) and Tokico Blue shocks/struts.

EDIT: Less than 5 miles on the setup right now, expect it will settle a little bit.

20160228_115629.jpg

20160228_115732.jpg

Last edited:

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
I wonder how much the lower the front will settle. I was contemplating on getting the Steeda X2 ball joints and leaving out the spacers. Does is make any more noise with no isos?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did you have to roll the fenders at all? If so what size tires are you running?

Yes, I had to roll the rears. The rears are 315/35/17 Nitto 555 G2's. And they're about a half inch wider that the 555R's I was running. My 555R's would only rub on a hard bump if I had a passenger. These rubbed on a bump in the freeway I've hit before with no issue.

I think a lot has to do with the combo as well. When I bought the car it had 10.5 Cobra with 315/35/17 Sumitomos. That set up never rubbed. I put my FR500's on and they rubbed. These same FR500's rubbed on my 01 as well.

SVT_Colin_01

Established Member
Yeah I was planning on running the Nitto 555R in a 305/35/18. I guess we will see how I sit. They advertise the Race and Sport springs as the same drop but the Race springs seem to drop it a bit more. I have a set of Rovos Durbans 18x9 front and 18x10.5 in the rear that I have had sitting since xmas waiting to buy tires and lower the car. I love the ride height that you have on yours. Are the H&Rs your only suspension mod?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Yeah I was planning on running the Nitto 555R in a 305/35/18. I guess we will see how I sit. They advertise the Race and Sport springs as the same drop but the Race springs seem to drop it a bit more. I have a set of Rovos Durbans 18x9 front and 18x10.5 in the rear that I have had sitting since xmas waiting to buy tires and lower the car. I love the ride height that you have on yours. Are the H&Rs your only suspension mod?

For the drop, yes. I had the Bilsteins rebuilt since they're local to me. The IRS has all the bushings and heavy duty toe links from FTBR. I do have a set of Maximum coilovers waiting to go on the front.

SinisterMustang

Established Member
Definitely go with the H&R Sports if you're looking for a good amount of lowering and a soft ride. I've personally installed a few sets of these on new edge mustangs and the difference is night and day.

Here's a customer's 04 GT that we put H&R super sports and Koni STR.Ts on. This is with all isolators front and rear.

IMG_1222.JPG

IMG_1221.JPG

IMG_1220.JPG

Here's a link to the springs:
http://www.sinistermustang.com/mm-51659.html

If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'll offer you competitive pricing you wont find anywhere.

Thanks,

Gibs07GTcpe

Established Member
Only have a couple miles on her but it was loud AF before due to everything being worn out so it may not be noticeable.

I am at 25 7/8 on both sides to the center of the front wheel well. My chin spoiler was at like 6 from the ground. 12 3/4 to the center of the rear bumper. 27 1/8 to the rear wheel well center from flat garage concrete.

Came down almost 2 inches from stock in front. Just over an inch in the rear. But again it still hasn't settled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread