H&R 1" Spacers - Who has had good luck and who has had bad?

Who has had good/bad luck with H&R 1" spacers?

• Bad luck, snapped my studs!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
I was going to get the 17x10.5's but since American Muscle doesn't want to match Tire Rack's price on some tires, I'm going to say F-it and possibly get some spacers and use the wheel money to get my pulley/tune. I really want that staggered stance though, so I am wondering who has had bad experiences with the H&R spacers.

Most are telling me if they are installed correctly and torqued properly, they should be fine. Will they work better/safer with Moroso 3" studs? Please vote in the poll and post your experiences.

Nastystang

Tell Em Hells Coming!
Established Member
I just installed mine on mine AFS 9inwheels on the rear and i torqued them down pretty good dont remember how much though...Looks like a solid piece but i would bet if you put 600+ TQ on them it wouldnt be good!!
I say go for it and spend your money elsewhere
Just my .02

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Been using 1" Hubcentric spacers for a couple years no with no problems at the track or on the street.

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
I would like to install with a torque wrench. But I guess tighting the **** out of them is just the same??

Fastphil

Bagged.
Established Member
I would like to install with a torque wrench. But I guess tighting the **** out of them is just the same??

NO!!!! Over-tightening lug nuts (or whee spacer nuts, same thing) can be extremely dangerous. Best to find out how much to torque to and do it properly. And when the torque wrench clicks the first time, you're done. Don't go making it click 5-10 times "just to be sure" because every time you make it click you're actually tightening the nut more. One click at the right torque settting is enough.

Users who are viewing this thread