H-pipe

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Wow! 15.05 @93mph is pretty impressive for a 4.6 'Bird. That's about what I was running when I first bought the GT. What all did you do to it?

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
Not much really.
Home made ram air using part of the air silencer and 4 in dryer duct.
Removed panel filter and replaced it with a 7 inch cone and heat sheild
73mm MAF from C&L
A custom 3 inch tube made from Bassanni pipe from the MAF to the TB
70mm Throttle body
ASP Underdrive Pullies
Custom Superchip
Custom Exhaust with the Third cat removed and no mufflers
Mark VIII driveshaft
Synthetic oil in the engine, tranny and rear end and a good set of tires.
But knowing where to launch was how I got that time hehehehe. The car dyno's at 233 hp at the crank and 334 lb-ft at the crank which sounds like alot but when it's pulling 3900 lbs (that includes driver) it's not all that fast. Also being paired with that auto is a real killer. I was going to slap a set of 3.55's in it this weekend had I not found the stang and then I was going to put an 11 inch 2400 stall Torque Converter in after that. My goal was high 14's and I almost got there. But I know that if I had done all this stuff to a Mustang I would have been past there already.

As for the desperation of wanting the payoff on the Bird.. When I trade it in I'm going to take a big loss on it since I still owe.. and the price of the stang will be a little higher than I wanted.. so I've been trying to sell the Bird for 6500. No luck.

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Wow, sounds like you spent a lot of time and energy (and money) on the car. It sounds like a pretty unique t-bird. You sure after all that work you want to give it all up? Plus take the loss? ET's aren't everything....

Users who are viewing this thread