Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Blackgeetee
Ya Steve and I stopped by this afternoon but you weren't there.:mj:

Saw your car on jack stands though. LOL

Yeah soooooo why didnt you fix it while I was gone :D

heheh damn I wanted to hear the sweet sound to

S

SVTHottie102

Yeah I'd like to hear it too...So Joel...When are ya gonna come out to Chicago with my Stevie boy?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHottie102
Yeah I'd like to hear it too...So Joel...When are ya gonna come out to Chicago with my Stevie boy?

Maybe I can come out soon before the weather turns crappy. This weekend I know is supposed to be cold and rainy unfortunately. The words snow flurries were even muttered by local weatherman the other day. God, I hope not! Indian summer should be right around the corner though??

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I noticed you changed your sig...

Yes you should have got a 99 cuz we SVT Tour guys can hang with you 96-98 GTs (stock for stock that is)

S

SVTHottie102

Originally posted by Blackgeetee

Maybe I can come out soon before the weather turns crappy. This weekend I know is supposed to be cold and rainy unfortunately. The words snow flurries were even muttered by local weatherman the other day. God, I hope not! Indian summer should be right around the corner though??

Aww that sucks, I hate snowy weather especially when you actually wanna go out and do sumthin.:gt:

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by RTStabler51
I noticed you changed your sig...

Yes you should have got a 99 cuz we SVT Tour guys can hang with you 96-98 GTs (stock for stock that is)

Unfortunately you're right. '96-'98's weren't the GT's best performance years. They are very easy (and fun) to modify though. People don't expect as much from them, so you're kind of an underdog.

Very nice car by the way RT!

Blackgeetee

Established Member
Originally posted by Mikie2001GT
You will be most pleased with the H or X pipe. The sound will be a touch louder at idle and normal driving , but when you get on it ....
it really talks then.

I dont think they will give you a hard time about the noise because you can control that with your right foot :D

Later

Thanks Mike for recommending the offroad h. The best mod I've done yet!!:D

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
So how does the Mac cat-back sound and perform? I've always been partial to flowmaster but if the mac sounds good too I may go with them.
I was also wondering this.. I kinda want to get the Mac long tube headers, off-road H, and cat back. You need cats in VA but i can get past that. How loud do you think that will be?

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
Oh yeah by the way.. it's all for the Mustang 5.0 I'm buying on Wednesday not the Thunderbird i have listed.
Also would it be better to go with long tubes or shorties? is there any difference if they are equal length.. or is it a sound/looks thing?

Blackgeetee

Established Member
I believe the long tube headers make the exhaust even louder, by a whole lot. That combined with an off road h and a high flow muffler will be damn loud! It would be very intimidating! As for the shorties, the equal lengths are better performers. I don't remember why, but one of the exhaust websites (maybe MAC) explained it well.

I haven't heard flowmasters in person (that I can remember anyway), but I love my MAC. Sounds good and was very easy to install.

Are you selling the T-bird?

Hitman 2k1

Established Member
Well I'm picking up the stang as soon as I hear back from the bank which won't be until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'd sell the bird for 6500 ( below payoff) if someone would buy it before Wednesday but I'll probably trade in and take a loss on it because this will be my first stang and I'm hungry to get into it. It's the car I've always wanted but couldn't have till now. I can't wait.
I believe I'll go MAC all the way. Long tubes, off road H, and cat back. Thanks for the imput.

Know someone who needs a Bird? hehehe it's got a few parts on it and the time is posted in the sig. I'd like the payoff of 7K but I'll take 6500 for it.

Thanks again

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by Hitman 2k1
Well I'm picking up the stang as soon as I hear back from the bank which won't be until tomorrow or Wednesday. I'd sell the bird for 6500 ( below payoff) if someone would buy it before Wednesday but I'll probably trade in and take a loss on it because this will be my first stang and I'm hungry to get into it. It's the car I've always wanted but couldn't have till now. I can't wait.
I believe I'll go MAC all the way. Long tubes, off road H, and cat back. Thanks for the imput.

Know someone who needs a Bird? hehehe it's got a few parts on it and the time is posted in the sig. I'd like the payoff of 7K but I'll take 6500 for it.

Thanks again

Why so desperate?? To have the payoff

Users who are viewing this thread