H-Pipe Question

Nomadic

Established Member
Just got my lethal h-pipe installed this weekend. I have the normal burn off smells from oils and such, main question is - when I am stopped at a light, I can distinctly smell the exhaust if I have the windows rolled down. It doesn't sound like I have any leaks. I don't feel a loss of power, but I installed a tune with the h-pipe, so I'm still learning the new curve.

Just doing a sanity check, or if I need to get back under there and look at something.

nate714

Established Member
not an expert, but I smelled something funky initially when I had a used H-pipe and OAP installed. It went away in a day or so.

11redGT/CS

Established Member
Welcome to the no cat having smell there will always be a smell some days you smell it some days you don't that's the cost of having them removed it can get smelly!

mustanginky

Established Member
Yep my off road h stinks. Id gladly go back to having cats again if i still had my stock h pipe. It sounds great but man my clothes stink from it. Big change from my younger years lol.

KushBandit

Established Member
I have an off-road H pipe as well. Removing the cats will make any car stinky, as stated above. Your eyes will burn standing behind my car, it smells like the pits whenever I stop, and I wouldn't have it any other way.:pepper:

helloWorld

Established Member
Like what all of the guys have already stated above, having no catalytic converters will make your car smell the way it does. There is NO way around that.

I experience that smell as well with my ride. I also have an offroad h-pipe. The sweater I wear always smell like my exhaust now.

However, I do feel bad for the people that are behind me in traffic. It is colder out now, which means people have their windows up and heaters running. I would assume that those heaters are sucking in the air from in front of them, which happens to be the exhaust from my car.

Users who are viewing this thread