Guys with MAC LTs, what do you think about'em?

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Wow, those are great prices, makes me wonder though. I'm gonna give them a call, thank you for sharing.

No problem. I like getting parts from American Muscle but even with shipping costs added in, Speed Concepts will be $50+ cheaper for headers

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I buy from Lethal for most of my parts.
This way I know for sure if there is a problem it will be handeld quickly and courteously.
Tried cheaper alternatives long ago.If there was a problem it was like pulling teeth to get things done.
Not worth saving $20-$50 to put up with BS.
I'd inquire with Lethal before buying.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
This way I know for sure if there is a problem it will be handeld quickly and courteously.
Tried cheaper alternatives long ago.If there was a problem it was like pulling teeth to get things done.

Thanks for your input. Doesn't Lethal have free shipping too?

rudycobra

Established Member
Until u have trouble with lethal then u will think other wise . And no they do not have free shipping but usually do get 10 % off with code

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Ordered all my parts through Lethal, awesome customer service. Headers/midpipe are installed, sound awesome with stingers. Do not regret it all! Deeper at idle, louder throughout the gears and at WOT its insane. Driving in neighborhoods with the windows down sounds like I am going through one big ass tunnel.

2quicksvt

Established Member
Question guys. Im in the garage with the computer as we speak in the process of installing mac longtubes an have a few questions. Did you use the bolts that come with them? Also are there any tricks to get to these hard to reach areas? I didnt drop the k-member. These things are not lining up to well an these bolts are hard to start. Please help

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
Question guys. Im in the garage with the computer as we speak in the process of installing mac longtubes an have a few questions. Did you use the bolts that come with them? Also are there any tricks to get to these hard to reach areas? I didnt drop the k-member. These things are not lining up to well an these bolts are hard to start. Please help

I have heard of some guys having to remove their starter. I wish I could help more. Good luck.

Noreast

Established Member

Starter must come out. Many will say use the factory studs. They're better than a regular bolt

2quicksvt

Established Member
ya we removed the starter already it helped. There in they just not lineing up an the bolts are not starting.

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Starter must come out. Many will say use the factory studs. They're better than a regular bolt

You can re-use factory hardware and hell even the gaskets are better than paperback. Dropping the K would give you the access you are looking for and give you plenty of room for tightening so there are no leaks!

Good luck!

333arod333

SVT Disciple
Established Member

I had to remove k member and starter. I have no idea how you can get em in there without dropping the k. I tried everything. I used stage 8 bolts so I never have to go back to tighten the bolts up again.

2quicksvt

Established Member
2quicksvt give us an update of your installation please. How's everything going?

Didnt work on it today. Going to buy oem studs an use them an considering dropping the k-member to finish cause I Know I wont be able to tighten some of the bolts. So on that note if i drop the k-member do I have to an alienment? Also can i put another bung in the driver side header for my air-fuel gauge? I have the catted x an theres no where to put it before the cat. I appreciate all the feed back guys this forum is great. Someone school me on dropping the k-member. thanks

Last edited:

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Yes, you will need an alignment as well as an engine support like the one from harbor freight.

1000 Lb. Capacity Engine Support Bar

Also, if your considering the route of dropping the K might as well throw in a tubular K? Will be more beneficial in the end and leave you room to access transmission or if you need access to the headers again. They will be much easier to remove with a tubular K following factory geometry. Also being that it is good to go back in and tighten the studs after the exhaust gets hot after a test drive, this will be much easier as well.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
TORCH3D, so, since I already have a tubular K and A-arms, when I get my MACs LTs, I don't have to drop my K member, correct? Worst case scenario maybe just the starter?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member

:beer: Thanks dude!

Thanks for your input. Doesn't Lethal have free shipping too?

We do offer free shipping on the Mac headers and our matching X pipes. You can also use code "SVTPERF" when checking out to get a discount on the order.

Ordered all my parts through Lethal, awesome customer service. Headers/midpipe are installed, sound awesome with stingers. Do not regret it all! Deeper at idle, louder throughout the gears and at WOT its insane. Driving in neighborhoods with the windows down sounds like I am going through one big ass tunnel.

:beer: Thanks for the support!

muttley

-Neal-
Established Member
just finished up an install of Ceramic coated Mac's/Lethal catted X-pipe, along with Team-Z K-member. All of these parts fit really well together. cranked er up for the first time in months last night, no leaks so far! I reused the stock metal gaskets, even though I bought FMS gaskets, they are too flimsy (IMO)..If you are using your EGR, loosen it at the SC also, it is much easier to get back on. quite at idle and really loud on the gas! The fit is really good all around. I dont like how close one tube comes to the starter, so I did wrap the starter to minimize the heat.

Users who are viewing this thread