Guys with MAC LTs, what do you think about'em?

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
I'm gettin closer financially to being able to buy some MAC LTs. For those of you with MACs, what are your thoughts or feelings about them? And what mid pipe are you running? I think im going with MAC/lethal X to go with my maggies. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
^^^yeah what he said. How old and what kind of coating do u have? I might have to save a little more and get some kooks then.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I ran Mac Headers and their Prochamber back when I had my '03. I loved the set up. Fitment was easy and you can't beat the price. Won't have the same comparable quality as Kooks like you mentioned but hard to beat for the price.

Matt

T0RCH3D

Established Member
I should be able to fire the car up this weekend and went with MAC LT headers and O/R Prochamber. I went with chrome instead of ceramic because I will told the ceramic coating will fail before the chromed headers. We will see though.

horspla2000

Established Member
I have Mac cermaic LT's and a Lethal o/r X. I couldn't be happier w the fit w one exception. The EGR tube fitting was way off and took some fighting to get together, but once its on it hasn't been an issue. I had to hold the header back away from the head quite a bit and start the EGR tube nut, then put the header on. When I did that, it tweaked the EGR stand pipe ofer into the tube. Its not an issue w how it works, etc but it was off quite a bit. The coating looks great! As far as long term durability, I cannot say since I just put them on last fall. Its a sunny day only car, too. Considering how much less $$ MAcs are, I personally cannot see spending MUCH more for some of the other brands. People may argue w that, but for me, Mac was my best choice. Oh, and the steeting shaft clearance is great too! No bottom clearance issues, fit nice w clearance where needed etc. I hightly recommend. The Lethal o/r x fit absoultely perfect. Get ready, its an all day job at best, if not more. I am a very experienced mechanic and it took me ALL day. I am very picky and took my time tho. I reused stock gaskets and no issues, no leaks.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
Wow thanks for all the input guys, horspla2000, you couldn't have given a better response with your MAC experience. I guess if my car is not a daily driver and it sleeps inside then I shouldn't be worrying about rust. Thank you guys, you guys made it easier for me to make my decision. MAC with lethal o/r X it is. One last question. Does anyone know if the kooks X pipe connects to the MACs?

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Wow thanks for all the input guys, horspla2000, you couldn't have given a better response with your MAC experience. I guess if my car is not a daily driver and it sleeps inside then I shouldn't be worrying about rust. Thank you guys, you guys made it easier for me to make my decision. MAC with lethal o/r X it is. One last question. Does anyone know if the kooks X pipe connects to the MACs?

It will not. Their midpipe is intended for their headers only.

Matt

T0RCH3D

Established Member
Just wanted to add OP, it is worth dropping the K member and throwing a tubular K in its place. Being that you will probably have to raise the motor and drop the K anyways this is a no brainer and will make it for an easier install and also make it easier for future access. Many will agree with me here.

I would also consider MAC Prochamber as well, but that is all for the sound you want.

Good luck!

rudycobra

Established Member
Gains would likely be minimal. Mid-lengths have their advantages as well, like greater ground clearance and easier transmission removal.

That's y I chose bassani but now with 2.8 I think I could use more mite chk into arh I believe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have had the MAC ceramic LTs since 2005.
The flages were a bit rusty but nothing a wire brush and ceramic paint couldn't fix.
The catted MAC H pipe rusted apart. Now I run the Lethal OR X.
Had the same MF CB since 2004.

TRMI8TR

TRMIN8TR
Established Member
Just wanted to add OP, it is worth dropping the K member and throwing a tubular K in its place. Being that you will probably have to raise the motor and drop the K anyways this is a no brainer and will make it for an easier install and also make it easier for future access. Many will agree with me here.

I would also consider MAC Prochamber as well, but that is all for the sound you want.

Good luck!

Lucky for me, I bought the car with a K-member and A-arms already:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread