Guys who claim 20+ MPG out of a 6.4.....

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'm pretty sure most of these guys are on crack or failed 3rd grade math. I'm stuck in the 16MPG range just driving the speed limit. That's with a CC SB FX4 with 3.73s and stock 20's (dpf delete, intake, and IDP tunes). The only way I can see getting over 20MPG is with a 4x2 manual with 3.31 gears and a delete.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Wow, I had heard that they were thirsty in stock form, but deleting the DPF along with intake and tune was "supposedly" bringing them up to above 20mpg. Glad i haven't pulled the trigger on one. I may end up with a VT365 at this rate.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
My buddy claims his does with the DPF delete done and inovative tunes as well. He can tend to be a BS'r though. I have been in it showing over 20 going down the highway at 75 but those things lie. 16mpg aint bad though Sid for a 10,000lb truck. I have to admit his is very quick though compared to my 6.0.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
My buddy claims his does with the DPF delete done and inovative tunes as well. He can tend to be a BS'r though. I have been in it showing over 20 going down the highway at 75 but those things lie. 16mpg aint bad though Sid for a 10,000lb truck. I have to admit his is very quick though compared to my 6.0.

The SVTP F-350 only weighs a bit over 8,000 pounds. The dash readout in the truck will read over 20 MPG easily. My numbers are hand calculated. On a more positive note, I see about 11-12 MPG towing while grossing out over 17,000.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
I have a friend that has a 08 6.4 and he gets 20 hwy and 16-18 city with a DPF delete with 5 in exhaust, AFE intake, and a spartan tuner. However pulling a trailer he said he gets about 12-13 mpgs.

crankin

Established Member
my old man's 08 crew cab fx4 went from 17-18mpg highway and 9 mpg towing our boat to 21+ mpg highway and 11-12 towing boat w/ delete, Spartan 210 tune and afe intake, 275 is supposed to do better but is kinda violent and truck really only tows the boat any more. Not sure of the rear gears in it, but if you can keep your foot outta his its been up to 24 mpg on a 300 mile road trip. Hand calced.

2005tylers

Established Member
I have an 08 with a delete pipe, edge evolution tuner and just put on a k&n intake. Before the intake I was getting 19 to 20 on the freeway at 70 mph. Not sure what the intake is gonna do but it sounds good.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
My bone stock 08 f250 fx4 super cab gets 19.5 on the highway unloaded at 65 and 12 around town. Towing a 12k trailer I was seeing about 10. If I go 85 on the highway I get about 15 unloaded.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I have a couple new tunes from KEM that I'm going to try out and see if that helps me. Maybe the guys getting 20+MPG are driving a lot slower than me.

tj04cobra

Established Member
I have a couple new tunes from KEM that I'm going to try out and see if that helps me. Maybe the guys getting 20+MPG are driving a lot slower than me.

Which tunes do you have? If you have the 345 tune, load that. I think you will like it. The daily driving with it is awesome and the power is there when you are ready for it. The fuel milage will be decent as well. I can't explain why, but the hotter tunes get the best milage.

My 6.0 got 15-16mpg hand calculated with mixed driving when it was stock. I took a 420 mile trip about a month ago. Filled up when I left and filled up when I got there. I hand calculated 20.3 mpg at fill up. That was with the cruise set at 70 the whole time.

Now that I have the powermax turbo, 4inch exhaust and Gearhead's extreme tune, I'm going to start logging it again. I think it will go up a little if I keep my foot out of it.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I am waiting for my warranty to run out before I do a DPF delete. I was told when I am ready, by a well known tuner on this site, that I could see as much as 23mpg, with his tune. I am not banking on that, but even if I pick up another 4 mpg I'll be happy.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
@TJ my truck likes but doesn't like Matt's tune. Truck makes great power, but shit for mileage. I was getting ~10.5 MPG with the tune loaded went back to stock and am at 13. With the same driving style! I'm trying to decide which route to go next 4" Turbo Back +_ Who's tune? Probably just go with Innovative's.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I haven't calculated my mileage with the KEM tunes yet, but they seem a bit better. I know the driveability is tons better than my IDP tunes.

And I suggest deleting the DPF asap. It's bad for the truck.

qachargh

Established Member
I'm doing the math each time I fill up and my stock 2010 with 3.55's makes +-16mpg pretty easily. Most of what I'm hearing from people with the Spartan systems is with only the regen disabling tune it will easily make mid-20's. I want to yank that DPF so bad but I just can't stomach the thought of losing the warranty.

03cobraaa

Established Member
I'm doing the math each time I fill up and my stock 2010 with 3.55's makes +-16mpg pretty easily. Most of what I'm hearing from people with the Spartan systems is with only the regen disabling tune it will easily make mid-20's. I want to yank that DPF so bad but I just can't stomach the thought of losing the warranty.

I guess. Just keep I handy for when you take it in for warranty work. Spartan tunes offer more than just benefits of thing for the regen mode. They have the ability to give your truck close to 600 to the ground and run 12s.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.240069,-79.892159

BLK2012GT

Established Member
Before I switch to 20" rims and 36 inch tires I got 22 mpg on the hwy hand calculated driving from DFW to Orlando. And I have a spartan tuner, DPF delete, etc.

big dad

Established Member
Actually the MPG that is calculated by the processor is within 1/10 of a mile accuracy. When I was a tech I asked that question at a training seminar and that was the answer I got. If you think about it, it makes sense because it measures injector pulse width over a certain distance. When your hand calculating, you don't always fill the vehicle to the same level everytime you fill up, and that can affect the the numbers.
On my stock 08 when I towed my stacker trailer to Florida and back I got as high as 9.5 mpg, but it took a while to figure out the sweet spot in the speed and rpm's.
The trailer with the cars loaded in it weighs about 19000 lbs. and it's like pulling a sail.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Before I switch to 20" rims and 36 inch tires I got 22 mpg on the hwy hand calculated driving from DFW to Orlando. And I have a spartan tuner, DPF delete, etc.

What's the config of your truck?

Actually the MPG that is calculated by the processor is within 1/10 of a mile accuracy. When I was a tech I asked that question at a training seminar and that was the answer I got. If you think about it, it makes sense because it measures injector pulse width over a certain distance. When your hand calculating, you don't always fill the vehicle to the same level everytime you fill up, and that can affect the the numbers.
On my stock 08 when I towed my stacker trailer to Florida and back I got as high as 9.5 mpg, but it took a while to figure out the sweet spot in the speed and rpm's.
The trailer with the cars loaded in it weighs about 19000 lbs. and it's like pulling a sail.

After the truck is tuned the MPG readout is nowhere near accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread