Guys that went from GT to Boss...

KonaFifty

Established Member
Hey, I am trying to figure out how to make my steering wheel feel tighter/stiffer without having to kill power steering. I recently started to feel the steering was a bit loose in my GT. Has anyone driven a S2000? The steering feel was tight/stiff and amazing. I thought the Evo was pretty good until I jumped into an S2000. Anyway, I have been told the Boss steering racks will make it a little of what I want, so I wanted to ask the Boss guys that upgraded from a GT what you guys think?

Last edited:

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
Hey, I am trying to figure out how to make my steering wheel feel tighter/stiffer without having to kill power steering. I recently started to feel the steering was a bit loose in my GT. Has anyone driven a S2000? The steering feel was tight/stiff and amazing. I thought the Evo was pretty good until I jumped into an S2000. Anyway, I have been told the Boss steering racks will make it a little of what I want, so I wanted to ask the Boss guys that upgraded from a GT what you guys think?

I always just go into car set-up settings and adjust it to 1 of the 3 settings there. Sport would be what you want I guess. The BOSS has adjustable suspension also and you can set your front shocks to 5 for firmer front end also.

KonaFifty

Established Member
My setting is always locked in sport mode. I have adjustible suspension too so I can make it stiff or soft but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for steering input and stiffness of the steering wheel. I was told the Boss Rack was stiffer than stock so that is why I am asking you guys to see if you guys noticed a difference from swapping from a GT to Boss...

ford20

Established Member
My setting is always locked in sport mode. I have adjustible suspension too so I can make it stiff or soft but that is not what I am looking for. I am looking for steering input and stiffness of the steering wheel. I was told the Boss Rack was stiffer than stock so that is why I am asking you guys to see if you guys noticed a difference from swapping from a GT to Boss...

It's not the Boss rack, the Boss and Gt use the same rack. I think you are referring to the FRPP unit which the Boss 302 S&R use. I would start looking for reviews with that piece instead.

Grant808

Established Member
What year is your GT? The only way to change the steering feel on an '11 GT is to use Sport mode on the traction control.

On the '12 Boss, steering feel is user selectable, and IIRC is automatically set to stiff when the TracKey is used.

Otherwise, the racks are mechanically the same ratio.

Para81

Established Member
How about an aggressive alignment? I know the Porsche guys do this to really sharpen up the steering...

KonaFifty

Established Member
It's not the Boss rack, the Boss and Gt use the same rack. I think you are referring to the FRPP unit which the Boss 302 S&R use. I would start looking for reviews with that piece instead.

ya my bad, it was the boss 302 R and S models with the frpp rack, not the regular boss models.

What year is your GT? The only way to change the steering feel on an '11 GT is to use Sport mode on the traction control.

On the '12 Boss, steering feel is user selectable, and IIRC is automatically set to stiff when the TracKey is used.

Otherwise, the racks are mechanically the same ratio.

My GT is a 12.

Users who are viewing this thread