Guys running S-Types

UFGatorGuy20

UFGatorGuy20
Established Member
I bought a used S-Type Axle Back set this past week and installed last night. I'm pleasantly surprised with the deep tone and added growl. Idle, low throttle input, and cruising seems pretty similar to stock. They really open up and sound great when given 25% or more throttle input and if I extend through the gears further to 3000rpm instead of shifting at like 2200-2500rpm. But I really don't have a lot of opportunities to do that bc of the heavy traffic I commute in for work. Makes me want to drive one gear higher when cruising to bring me into that 2500-3000 rpm range, but that's a fuel sacrifice.

Overall though, they aren't as loud as I expected or hoped. The sound outside may be way different than what I'm hearing inside windows up or down however.

So I think my next step to get louder is to add an off-road X-pipe or H-pipe. Wonder if others moved to a different style altogether like the magnaflow streets, stainless works, or ATAKs?

(Coming from a guy that ran stingers and an off-road X in my terminators... Could barely have a conversation in those cars... Looking for same lol)

I think I'll go off-road first with this set + tune for the cat deletes. But curious if others went that route and ran into a bunch of NOPE.

Thanks guys. Love this car more and more I drive it.

rdsnk46

Established Member
The Magnaflos drone in my car @ 70/90 mph with stock gears, so much I went back to stock mufflers. I have S.W. 1-7/8 LTs and OR/X Pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread