guys running 900+ rwhp what brand and size injectors are you using?

what injectors should i run?

• Total voters

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I've got 160's in my combo but the idle hunts around quite a bit, anybody know if that's usually a problem with running too big of an injector? I usually see around 1000-1200 rpms at idle with 150 rpm swings. Tuned on e85 only, made 776 @ 18 lbs with a custom MP 64 twin setup.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Interesting. I made 842 at 19psi with 61's on pump. :shrug:

You have a great tuner and better turbos?. :shrug:

I will be getting my setup and tune checked out at Auto Adrenaline here in a little while, also shopping for new turbos. These Master Power 64s are 5 years old with a good bit of endplay.

RussZTT

Established Member
You have a great tuner and better turbos?. :shrug:

I will be getting my setup and tune checked out at Auto Adrenaline here in a little while, also shopping for new turbos. These Master Power 64s are 5 years old with a good bit of endplay.
I had the old style Garrett's on there. They were on my car for about 4 years now I think but they sat for a few years as well. I recently put on new Precision 6262's but a few have told me Garrett's were better turbos. :shrug:

What RPM do you see full boost by? I saw about 4300 on mine.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
I had the old style Garrett's on there. They were on my car for about 4 years now I think but they sat for a few years as well. I recently put on new Precision 6262's but a few have told me Garrett's were better turbos. :shrug:

What RPM do you see full boost by? I saw about 4300 on mine.

With my Sullivan combo I don't see full boost until wayyyy in the stratosphere, around 5500 is when she starts singing. I was eyeing the Precision 6262's myself, heard they were awesome turbos. Are yours journal or did you get the bb upgrade?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Bosch 205's on my 2013 Shelby. The car makes 1150rwhp and over 1000lbs of TQ on E85.

Swapped out the 4.0l Whipple for a 4.5l today. Can't wait to see what this thing does on 30psi.

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
Bosch 205's on my 2013 Shelby. The car makes 1150rwhp and over 1000lbs of TQ on E85.

Swapped out the 4.0l Whipple for a 4.5l today. Can't wait to see what this thing does on 30psi.

Holy crap!

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I've got 160's in my combo but the idle hunts around quite a bit, anybody know if that's usually a problem with running too big of an injector? I usually see around 1000-1200 rpms at idle with 150 rpm swings. Tuned on e85 only, made 776 @ 18 lbs with a custom MP 64 twin setup.
What brand injectors do you have? I have 1680cc's (about 160 lbs/hr). We are close to wrapping up the idle portion. It has been kind of challenging because of the injector placement on E85. So far, it's idling steady at 775 RPM's. I would say your issue is in the tune.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
With my Sullivan combo I don't see full boost until wayyyy in the stratosphere, around 5500 is when she starts singing. I was eyeing the Precision 6262's myself, heard they were awesome turbos. Are yours journal or did you get the bb upgrade?
whoa! Thats high! I got the journal ones. I can't see paying an extra $600 ea for the BB option only for it to spool 200rpm's sooner. Also, if your auto or going auto the BB option wont really do anything for you but it helps the manual guys for keeping the spool going better between shifts.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
whoa! Thats high! I got the journal ones. I can't see paying an extra $600 ea for the BB option only for it to spool 200rpm's sooner. Also, if your auto or going auto the BB option wont really do anything for you but it helps the manual guys for keeping the spool going better between shifts.
I am a big fan of the journal bearing turbos also. But when my new Precision bearings failed, I upgraded them to their new DBB version. I did it mainly because it takes much less oil as they have built in restrictors. Plus they are more durable. I must say.... These things spool very fast and there is a noticeable difference and I'm glad I spent the extra money. Both the journal bearing and BB versions will make good power though.

MGC

Established Member
Russ, I don't recall the duty cycle as it was dynoed a few years ago now, they had some left in them though. yes 6 speed

RussZTT

Established Member
According to greg over at RET in downey he says he had a car trapping low 9s that ran 60s.

I ran 60s when I was putting down 74x to the wheels and had them maxed out.

80s are ok unless you want more power in the future, I run 96lb injectors now.
I maxed out my 60's at 842rwhp on pump gas. Twin turbo.

RussZTT

Established Member
Wow, what turbos are you running, 76's? I got the journal, I didn't see a $600 upgrade each worth it. So far I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread