Guy blows engine in vette at HPDE and then complains CHevy won't replace his engine

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
this was posted in roadside about a week or so ago.
I don't know what he's complaining about though if he's going to pony up the money for a Lingenfelter motor though :shrug:

racebronco2

Established Member
I was there when it happened. Several engines have been replaced due to broken valves springs and loss of oil pressure. In the above cases people just told the dealer what happened and what they were doing and they got there engines replaced. He did the same as others and now they are turning down all the engine failures regardless of how it happened. He may have the money for another engine but why spend it when you don't have to?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
He may have the money for another engine but why spend it when you don't have to?
True, but IMO when taking something under warranty to any type of track related event to me that is you rolling the dice on something happening. Sure it sucks, but its one of the associated risks. Maybe I'm weird.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I would expect GM to replace it. They put out a car that is clearly built to run on a track and then are going to not cover a failure that did not occur during a competitive racing event or timed event. They should have just sold it like Ford does the FR500s, no warranty. I doubt that would have scared any buyers away and then GM would not have anyone complaining.

racebronco2

Established Member
True, but IMO when taking something under warranty to any type of track related event to me that is you rolling the dice on something happening. Sure it sucks, but its one of the associated risks. Maybe I'm weird.

The problem is gm wouldn't even look at the car. It could've been a broken valve spring which is common. A friend had an engine problem (it was making a knocking sound) on his c6zo6 but they told him he over revved the engine
( causing valve float )and would not cover it. He went down there and demanded to see the damage, it was a broken valve spring (which they didn't tell him it was). They ended up replacing his engine.

I guess you never went to an svtoa open track event. If your car had any failure while on track ford would cover it as long as you didn't abuse the car and the failure wasn't caused by any mods.

Users who are viewing this thread