Gutting Cats?

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
Here is when I had gutted cats and Borla Type S mufflers. To gut the cats I had a buddy at the local machine shop cut the end off of the cat with a large auto band saw, knocked out all the material, then welded the pieces back together.

exhaust - YouTube

OveRBoreD

Established Member
I have ORX and roush with 3in dynomax bullets for resonators and the sound is perfect. Can keep it quiet when I want but it screams like a banshee when opened up. I tried it without the resonators first (w/ no cats) and it was crazy loud at all rpm. Sounded cool but obnoxious. Got pulled over on the first day. With resonators in and cats out the roush take on a gritty/muscular kind of sound. Highly recommended trying it.

eddie01

My DD is a Crown Vic
Established Member
That's what I was thinking, so many mixed reviews, someone with Roushes and gutted cats should drive on up my way so I can hear it first haha, I think I'll try it, worst case is I get quieter mufflers.

alex12gt

Established Member
you can sell the cats for close to $100.....so why not put cat deletes in and cut the cost way down but selling your cats....there are several sites that even pay for the shipping to them....just a thought

eddie01

My DD is a Crown Vic
Established Member
I plan on getting a tune around spring hopefully, I gotta recover from Christmas and you see what I do for a living by my pic so gotta do a little at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread