Guns?

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
Anyone else here into guns? If so, where do you go shoot? I'm looking for somewhere with a good long range. The one place I go now in Carroll County has a 200 yard range. Looking for something longer.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
I have a few and I like to shoot. Where I live in PA I am very close to some of the state game lands. I can go there and pick a remote area and pick my distance. The Warwick game lands near French Creek State Park have a public range, but it only goes to 100 yards. I also belong to a private club which has a 300 yard range. I'm sure there must be some good places in MD. Hopefully someone more local to you can help. Good luck. :coolman:

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I just go to local places, french creek outfitters indoor range and french creek state park outdoor range... I was also told target masters in DE is a good place.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i actually shoot long range competitions. i have a farm that has a 0-100 yard 0-200 a 600 and a 1000 im workingon a nice pistol, and carbine range aswell.

theres some ranges in PA and alot of LR shooters aswell and range 4 at quantico is also open about 1nce month. go to www.snipershide.com there is a bunch of guyd in PA and md. my property may be a bit further than you want to drive.

there will also be the allegehny sniper challange in WV coming up in the spring.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
A buddy of mine's uncle owns target masters... You can rent full automatic weapons to use at the range...

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Ok, who wants to teach me how to shoot? Only gun experience I've had is pellet guns and paintball guns (so I'm good at shooting small animals and people lol).

Should I take a class or something, and do I have to have my own gun to do it?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
I have always been into guns. Unfortunately, I'm just getting around to owning my own (aside from shotguns, but those don't count).

I will be purchasing either a H&K USP Compact Tactical:
usp_comp_tact_lrg.jpg

or H&K Mark 23:
mark23_large_fig1.jpg

sometime in the near future. Both are .45ACP and are very finely built handguns. Just have to test shoot each of them to see which one I like better.

My buddy and his dad have an arsenal (AK-47s, AR-15s, assorted handguns, high-powered rifles, etc) and we go shoot at least 4 times a year. It's always a blast.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
A buddy of mine's uncle owns target masters... You can rent full automatic weapons to use at the range...

Or we could bring our M-16. :rockon: I just need to buy a 9mm conversion kit. They only let you shoot frangible .223 inside which are very $$$$. We had a .22 conversion but sold it due to problems with it. We also have a Silenced HK UMP clone short barreled rifle thats pretty fun. We should head out there one night. I also have a HK USP Match (Lara Crofts guns in Tomb Raider) that I can bring up.

Last edited:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member

Where is Target Masters? Do they rent H&K handguns?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. It's in PA and they have QUITE an assortment of weapons for rent, including H&K handguns :rockon:

Last edited:

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Where is Target Masters? Do they rent H&K handguns?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it. It's in PA and they have QUITE an assortment of weapons for rent, including H&K handguns :rockon:

They have police trade ins on HK and glocks all the time. Most are unfired or NIB. I bought the mini glock (27?) in .40 for $350-$399. I can't remenber the price but it was nib with an extra clip for under $400. If you guys ever saw the Semi Auto M-60 they had for sale their a couple years back it was my dads gun. He traded it for a NIB m-16 from Tom.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I have always been into guns. Unfortunately, I'm just getting around to owning my own (aside from shotguns, but those don't count).

I will be purchasing either a H&K USP Compact Tactical:
usp_comp_tact_lrg.jpg

or H&K Mark 23:
mark23_large_fig1.jpg

sometime in the near future. Both are .45ACP and are very finely built handguns. Just have to test shoot each of them to see which one I like better.

My buddy and his dad have an arsenal (AK-47s, AR-15s, assorted handguns, high-powered rifles, etc) and we go shoot at least 4 times a year. It's always a blast.

sean, why do you want a 45 out of curiosity?

and further more, why a HK over a glock, or a springfield XD. ive had a USP tactical 45, MK23, and a USP compact 9mm, then i bought a springfield XD9, and it just puts all of them to shame, shoots soo much better, i beat the shit out of it, takes the beating, and never fails. HK is a good gun, but when they get dirty they will start to hang up. i would have to clean the USP every 500-1000 rounds. my XD9 has over 9K rounds now, never a hangup, jam, misfire, NOTHING. loves cheap, or expensive ammo. even eats of the shitty wolf ammo.

sort of like a fancyer glock.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I have a few and I like to shoot. Where I live in PA I am very close to some of the state game lands. I can go there and pick a remote area and pick my distance. The Warwick game lands near French Creek State Park have a public range, but it only goes to 100 yards. I also belong to a private club which has a 300 yard range. I'm sure there must be some good places in MD. Hopefully someone more local to you can help. Good luck. :coolman:

I just went to french creek gamelands a couple weeks ago with my girl and her kid to do some blastin. Heres some vid of the trip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZPWo_8lCQ
im not a part of Maca. Just thought id chime in on something local

blowns281

GARAGE QUEEN
Established Member
For indoor try http://www.freedomarmory.com/ this is a great place, right on the md / pa line, indoor rifle and handgun ranges, any ammo, we go there 2 or 3 times a month, they have full autos to rent, and you can try out alot of different guns before you buy,

For outdoor search elk neck state park, only open from spring to fall, located in cecil co.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
ha, dont let I M Fast see this... he might send a email to the BATFE and tell them we're talking about GUNS...

Users who are viewing this thread