Gun control and American hunters,think about it

69boss429

Established Member
Interesting slant on things
AMERICA'S HUNTERS ---
Pretty Amazing!
The world's largest army... America 's hunters!
I had never thought about
this...
A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a
handful of states and
arrived at a striking
conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters
this season in the state of Wisconsin ..
Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months,
Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in
the world.
More men under arms than in Iran .

More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to
the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin , to hunt with
firearms, and no one was killed.
That number pales in comparison to the 750,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and
Michigan's 700,000 hunters,
all of whom have now returned home safely.
Toss in a quarter million hunters
in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the
hunters of those four states alone
would comprise the largest army in the world.
And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states.
It's millions more.

The point?

America will forever be safe
from foreign invasion with that
kind of home-grown firepower.

Hunting...
it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national
security.

That's why all enemies,
foreign and domestic,
want to see us
disarmed.

Food for thought,
when next we consider gun control.

Overall it's true,
so if we disregard some assumptions that hunters
don't possess the same skills as soldiers, the question
would still remain...
What army of 2 million would want to face 30, 40, 50 million armed citizens???

(IF YOU AGREE, AS I DO, PASS IT ON, I FEEL GOOD THAT I HAVE AN ARMY OF MILLIONS WHO WOULD PROTECT OUR LAND AND I SURE DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT TAKING CONTROL OF THE POSSESSION OF FIREARMS)

For the sake of our freedom,
don't ever allow gun control
or confiscation of guns.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Umm sounds really cool and all but it takes bigger balls to shoot at people than it does at animals. Im willing to bet, like most loud mouth redneck hunters, they wouldnt walk the walk if it came down to it. Thats the problem with this country now days, too much pussification of America.

Also as it pertains to the situation of gun control, all those numbers dont mean shit if they dont voice their opinion where it counts. Either by money or by voting.

Last edited:

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
Umm sounds really cool and all but it takes bigger balls to shoot at people than it does at animals. Im willing to bet, like most loud mouth redneck hunters, they wouldnt walk the walk if it came down to it. Thats the problem with this country now days, too much pussification of America.

Also as it pertains to the situation of gun control, all those numbers dont mean shit if they dont voice their opinion where it counts. Either by money or by voting.

I totally disagree with you, maybe you're trying to start some sort of a pissing match I do not know.

I wouldn't call someone a "pussy" for thinking twice about killing a person. I think if their life is in danger most people especially hunters and "rednecks" would do it.

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Forever free?

Nobody that I know hunts with a tank or fighter jet... :shrug:

I get your point though...

E

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I totally disagree with you, maybe you're trying to start some sort of a pissing match I do not know.

I wouldn't call someone a "pussy" for thinking twice about killing a person. I think if their life is in danger most people especially hunters and "rednecks" would do it.

My point is, this was something some guy made up thinking it would prove some sort of point. It doesnt. Hunters does not equal Soldiers.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I dont want to defend my self with a bolt action hunting rifle or shot gun. That's what a hunting gun is to me. I want an ar-15 or ak with proper optics. Better tool for the job.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
My point is, this was something some guy made up thinking it would prove some sort of point. It doesnt. Hunters does not equal Soldiers.

Partially agree.

BUT how does an iranian soldier with an ak, compare to an American hunter with 30.06?:shrug:

Armed Services personnel with international experience please step in...

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
Most soldiers don't have the gun experience that hunters do. That's from what I've seen being in the military. Soldiers really like to brag about their shooting skills when really they aren't that much better than your average hunter who goes to the shooting range. Soldiers are still better, but not leaps and bounds better like they want to brag to about.

Hunting rifles are much more powerful than M-16's and Ak47's. I've shot both, and if a soldier with absolutely no hunting rifle experience treats a 30.06 like an M-16 he's in for a rude awakening.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I would take my 7mag with 140gr Ballistic Tips over a 5.56 round any day. I have been deployed. Many soldiers are far less noise disciplined than hunters. I have killed a few deer walking up on them by being quiet.

Take away the artillery, tanks, jets, etc... and my money is on a good hunter versus a dismounted patrol.

The Optics may be better for urban ops but, I will take my rifle optics vs military in a non urban setting any day.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I would take my 7mag with 140gr Ballistic Tips over a 5.56 round any day. I have been deployed. Many soldiers are far less noise disciplined than hunters. I have killed a few deer walking up on them by being quiet.

Take away the artillery, tanks, jets, etc... and my money is on a good hunter versus a dismounted patrol.

The Optics may be better for urban ops but, I will take my rifle optics vs military in a non urban setting any day.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

This post is so ridiculous I'm going to interpret it as you being funny.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Forever free?

Nobody that I know hunts with a tank or fighter jet... :shrug:

I get your point though...

E

I think the point is, if it came down to citizens defending their soil, they are more well armed than most well armed armies of other nations.

Plus if it came down to that, you can take planes and tanks out of the argument because if im having to defend my soil against some other army with a bunch of people in my neighborhood or whatnot, its obvious planes, tanks and ships have failed.

mossbergman

Established Member
besides that, i doubt the us military would fire upon its own citizens. there would be mass mutiny before plane and tanks ever got involved

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm interested in what is so funny. You do realize our soldiers are not being killed by an army but by civilian radicals. Let us compare a dismounted soldier versus a hunter.

Soldier - M4 5.56 ball point I can't remember either 65 or 85 grain
Hunter - (me) .243 100gr core lokt and 7mag 140 gr ballistic tip

Soldier-ACU digital print
Hunter-Realtree or Mossy Oak Camo

Soldier-trained since 17 or 18
Hunter- I have hunted since I was 12, 22 years and was in the Army

Yes, soldiers have Ballistic Vests but they still have exposed areas. Many hunters are ex military. Many hunters know the land extremely well, can track game and could easily adapt to people, are use to putting down a target with as minimal amount of ammo as possible.

Remember, it was hunters who repelled the worlds strongest military and won our country independence. Good ole boys can make bombs out of fertilizer just as easy as a towel head.

I know what the real army is like. Most of the time it is bullshit inspections and motor pool cleanup crap. I spend more time as a civilian at the range than I did in a combat arms unit.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Hunting is considered excellent preparation for killing men. Now, obviously in a stand up fight an infantry platoon has an advantage on an old dude with a hunting rifle, but you have 80 million armed citizens. If one tenth of one percent of them each shot somebody, it's a done deal.

Users who are viewing this thread