Gun Belts

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
A good carry setup starts with a quality gun belt so what do you guys, who are strapped IWB, use?

I just got a Milt Sparks VM2 for my Colt Commander and need a good belt. Like holsters, there seems to be endless options.

SHOdown220

Established Member
I would be interested in this. I've been using a regular leather belt but would like to move to an actual gun belt

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I don't have an actual gun belt, but I wear a heavy duty Carhartt belt every day and I've never noticed any ill effects.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I have an Aliengear belt. No complaints. Any heavy duty/thick belt should work fine though.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I use one of several 5.11 belts with most jeans, shorts, or tactical pants. Have a few Galco leather belts for fancier dress. I always try to wear a 1.5-1.75" belt, whichever my belt loops allow. I find that even dress pants will almost always allow a 1.5" belt and it's about the minimum for a carry belt. 2" is great but most pants (even tactical pants) won't allow it.

Dr. Gonzo

We're in Bat Country
Established Member
Premium Member
I came across Bigfoot Gun Belts. They use English bridle leather and a spring steel core. All the reviews I see are favorable. Anyone have experience with these belts?

Blown 89

Established Member
http://agcustomgunleather.com

Al is awesome. When my mom died suddenly he picked up the phone and called me and did something very nice for me. The dude is a class act and knows his leather.

Hand made to your specifications. Best belt I've ever worn. It's amazing how much more durable hand made leather is compared to the dipped stuff mass produced in the store. No fading, cracking, or stretching. I'll never buy a belt off the rack again.

Machdup1

Established Member
Just go to your local leather craftsman store. We have a guy local that custom makes holsters and he always has a selection of gun belts available.

You can also go to your local LE supply store. They wear their gear everyday, so they can tell you what is good and what is bad.

Users who are viewing this thread