Votes: 47 55.3%
  • No

Votes: 38 44.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
I wanted to start a different thread on this topic after reading the "Favorite Beer" thread. I know Guinness seems to be a popular beer, and a few people mentioned it in the other thread, but I've yet to meet ANYONE personally that likes this beer. I've tried it ONCE, and it will be my last. This stuff tasted like...well, like cigarette water. Seriously, imagine getting an ashtray full of butts after it's sat outside for a few days in the rain, and picking it up and drinking it. :xpl: Thats what Guinness tasted like to me. I would like to know how many people actually, truly like this beer. Please vote in the poll.

Five4Rider

Enjoy The View
Established Member
GH1086 said:
Please explain. I know everybody's tastes are different, thats why I'm so curious about opinions on it. It didn't even resemble the taste of beer at all to me. Just cigarette water. :shrug:

GH1086

Established Member
Five4Rider said:
Please explain. I know everybody's tastes are different, thats why I'm so curious about opinions on it. It didn't even resemble the taste of beer at all to me. Just cigarette water. :shrug:
I can't really explain it, it just tastes good to me. I mean why does a nice piece of filet mignon taste good? It just does. Why do some people like peas (or whatever) and others don't? They just do.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Why do some people like to toss peoples salads...yet others are strictly pink?

EnglishAdam

Established Member
I love Guinness but it's probably an aqquired taste.
If you are brought up drinking Bud or Miller lite, Guinness can be a bit of a shock.
One of the things I found when I lived and worked in the USA was that the majority of food and drinks were pretty bland wherever you went.
Sure, there's some spicy Tex-Mex and Cajun food but in general, food and drink is the same all over the US.
Fast food rules all over and it's made so that everyone will eat it.
I'm not saying that I don't like Burger King or Starbucks coffee but it's the same whether you get it Kansas or Wyoming.
I used to search high and low for what I would call decent coffee or cheese like you can get in Europe. It's hard to find in your average Kroger or Wally World.

I supose my (rambling) point is, It's what you get used to :beer:

MarlboroMan

Established Member
Its thick as poo but its good. I love Guiness!!! Irish car bombs are good too. And speaking of shots, try the original Liquid Cocaine. Those things will knock you on your ass.

dougwg

Established Member
There are probably 100,000 or more different beers available...

because people have different tastes

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Are you sure you were drinking Guiness and not Guiness Extra Stout? Big difference. I do enoy both though. Its alot different and I prefer dark beers anyways. Germans know how to do it! St. Pauli Girl Dark is the best!!

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Five4Rider said:
It is a man's beer. Boys need not apply. It has a malt taste to me. I can't stand American Beers, maybe some Sam Adams but the rest taste like water and barely taste the flavor of the grains.
I would say the stuff you are drinking does not resemble the taste of beer.

Users who are viewing this thread