Guide to swap intake manifold?

Tarball

Established Member
Planning to swap mine this weekend, anyone have a guide or any good directions? Do I need any tools other then a good socket set?

mustangman36578

Established Member
pretty easy. disconnect all the sensors on the hat, disconnect intake tube, take off hat, relieve fuel rail pressure at shrader valve, disconnect fuel line from rail and disconnect all the connectors going to the injectors. unbolt lower, and kind of shimmy it out by lift up the back end first. its a pretty tight fit but its possible to take it out without removing the alt or messing with the crossover tube. when reinstalling be careful not to over tighten the bolts or you could crack the plastic gaskets. torque spec is 89 in/lbs.

ItsACobraSon

Established Member
Yeah I asked about this on another thread and everyone said like 1-2 hours, and in my head I said "ok, Ill clear my schedule for a weekend" HA HA

That is after everything is powdercoated. I think Im doing the upper (cept for cobra) and TB aong with lower flat black. The the JLT tube to match, and eventually the Alt.

What do ya think?

Tarball

Established Member
Wouldn't that heat soak really fast?

And looking at your sig... whats Rord Racing?

Are your numbers with the mods in your sig?

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member

I would guess he meant ford racing for the aluminator.

Also not to Hijack, but how do you like the Aluminator. I will probably be ordering one by the end of next month. Also is it 10:1 or 10.25:1 for the CR?

Nazman

Established Member
Yeah I asked about this on another thread and everyone said like 1-2 hours, and in my head I said "ok, Ill clear my schedule for a weekend" HA HA

That is after everything is powdercoated. I think Im doing the upper (cept for cobra) and TB aong with lower flat black. The the JLT tube to match, and eventually the Alt.

What do ya think?

Your intake its Ceramic Coated brother.....FYI!

By the way.......its packed and ready to ship!

Naz

ItsACobraSon

Established Member

I dont think color has anything to do with heat soak in this case since we are dealiing with conduction and convection. The color will only effect the radiation heating like from the sun. It might insulat it becuase you are coating it with an additional layer, but I know people have PCed the intakes.

The only thing that effects conduction and convection is the material and fluid properties. Both of which color doesnt matter.

Yeah Ford Racing. Unless there is a Rord Racing out there too which case that would be weird.

And they are the numbers with everything in the sig except the IW damper. I was pretty dissapointed but the motor was new with ~250 miles on it and tight. Its going to be redynoed after the intake is on. Hoping for much better numbers since there are around 5000 miles on it. I see alot of people with a cat back being the only mod and running 305 rwhp and I get a bit confused.

I would guess he meant ford racing for the aluminator.

Also not to Hijack, but how do you like the Aluminator. I will probably be ordering one by the end of next month. Also is it 10:1 or 10.25:1 for the CR?

It is 10.25, slightly higher then the MAch 1,s. I like it feels like it has alot more balls to it and pick up. Sometimes I wish I could have spent the money and went 8:1 and blown it right away. But now Im going to run a centri 9-10psi IC-ed. Basic Mach 1 kit, but now I have peice of mind that i wont throw a rod.

Your intake its Ceramic Coated brother.....FYI!

By the way.......its packed and ready to ship!

Naz

Thats great thanks so much looking forword to it.

And not to sound like a layman, but I am. What will being ceramic coating do to the powdercoating? Or are you talking about the heat soak?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread