Guess what #'s I will dyno after a tune!

CobraG

Established Member
lizardbreath said:
I have nothing major just an Accufab T/B, Steeda U/D's, K&N FIPK, and a Borla Catback.

Greg @ RET will be doing the tune.

I have no idea really but very interested to see what you do put down. Does the T/B do anything for you really? Just curious.

Going mod by mod though, I came up with 301.75, how I got this figure:
U/D's - 10hp
FIPK - 10hp
CB - 10hp
T/B - Not sure so I put 5hp

Totals 320 + 35 (mods) = 355 * .15 (drive train loss) = 53.25

So, 355 - 53.25 = 301.75

I have no idea about tq though :shrug:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
CobraG said:
I have no idea really but very interested to see what you do put down. Does the T/B do anything for you really? Just curious.

Going mod by mod though, I came up with 301.75, how I got this figure:
U/D's - 10hp
FIPK - 10hp
CB - 10hp
T/B - Not sure so I put 5hp

Totals 320 + 35 (mods) = 355 * .15 (drive train loss) = 53.25

So, 355 - 53.25 = 301.75

I have no idea about tq though :shrug:

LOL...good tutorial in ricer math....although it is a step up from the typical "this intake will give 25 hp....the mfr says so!!"...not trying to bag on you, i think your estimate is actually very close...

CobraG

Established Member
quick01snake said:
LOL...good tutorial in ricer math....although it is a step up from the typical "this intake will give 25 hp....the mfr says so!!"...not trying to bag on you, i think your estimate is actually very close...

Lol, actually I learned that formula on this site. I was giving a wag on the hp numbers :lol1:

I left out the tune, so I'll say 310 or a little over on the hp :)

Last edited:

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
CobraG said:
Lol, actually I learned that formula on this site. I was giving a wag on the hp numbers :lol1:

I left out the tune, so I'll say 310 or a little over on the hp :)

oh, well then i'd say your numbers are off...i had close to the same stuff as him but no t/b (negligible gain anyway) and had an o/r h pipe, and only put down 291 rwhp...tune put me up to 306...

CobraG

Established Member
quick01snake said:
oh, well then i'd say your numbers are off...i had close to the same stuff as him but no t/b (negligible gain anyway) and had an o/r h pipe, and only put down 291 rwhp...tune put me up to 306...

Wow, am I that far off :shrug:

I really have no idea, I'm by far not a car expert, especially when it comes to predicting hp/tq

I am interested to see what he actually puts down though, when are you going to have it done?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
CobraG said:
Wow, am I that far off :shrug:

I really have no idea, I'm by far not a car expert, especially when it comes to predicting hp/tq

I am interested to see what he actually puts down though, when are you going to have it done?

Agreed, hurry up and dyno, I am currious too! :??:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
312/319

good luck!!!!...now go FI LOL

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
quick01snake said:

For nearly $400 I would hope the t/b would give a pretty good gain. Is this a good mod on the Cobra's? If I remember correctly they weren't worth it on the 2V GT's.

Users who are viewing this thread