Guess TORQJNKY's Dyno Numbers (Win a Prize!)

TORQJNKY

Very impressive #'s Craig!!!! Your combo is working very good, but when is the 4.5 whipple going on?! Lol :rockon:

I'm gonna have some fun with the 2.9 for a bit. If I do go bigger, it will probably only be to a 4.0 Whipple.

Alright now what did ya say about me this time?

Hahaha, nothing but good things. :-D

Craig, that is really awesome! Hope to see it up close soon!

John...at the beach.

I'll definitely try to make it to the next C&C.

Bad Company

Established Member
Yes, I saw it up on a lift, front end wrapped in plastic. Chuck was working on what looked like a huge turbo Coyote build while I was there.
Yea. I called yesterday to see how it was going. The machine shop didn't finish the intake manifold mods before the weekend, so it will be later this week and won't be finished before Jon goes on vacation.

Your boost numbers and power numbers confirmed a lot of what I thought would happen with the mods you did. I'm impressed with the results you achieved

TORQJNKY

Yea. I called yesterday to see how it was going. The machine shop didn't finish the intake manifold mods before the weekend, so it will be later this week and won't be finished before Jon goes on vacation.

Your boost numbers and power numbers confirmed a lot of what I thought would happen with the mods you did. I'm impressed with the results you achieved

I was rather amazed at how much boost the porting work ate up as well. The engine is really flowing tons of air now. With a big huffing blower on there I'm sure it would make huge numbers at a relatively low boost.

Bad Company

Established Member
I was rather amazed at how much boost the porting work ate up as well. The engine is really flowing tons of air now. With a big huffing blower on there I'm sure it would make huge numbers at a relatively low boost.
With 19 psi it should break a 1000 Hp easily. Then you could also increase engine RPM at the same time and probably get close to 1100 without raising the boost. At 23-24 psi of boost it would be a real monster.

TORQJNKY

With 19 psi it should break a 1000 Hp easily. Then you could also increase engine RPM at the same time and probably get close to 1100 without raising the boost. At 23-24 psi of boost it would be a real monster.

I can't get to 19psi with this 2.9L. Well, I might be able to, but I'd probably have to run a 2.50" upper to do it and I'm already spinning the blower north of 22,000 rpm. Probably not worth it.

Bad Company

Established Member
I can't get to 19psi with this 2.9L. Well, I might be able to, but I'd probably have to run a 2.50" upper to do it and I'm already spinning the blower north of 22,000 rpm. Probably not worth it.
I was referring to the possibilities in the future with the 4.0. I wouldn't try to spin the 2.9L any faster than you are now. It is already losing too much in efficiency and is probably adding heat to the IAT as it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread