guess the trade in value

nxhappy

Established Member
Washington deducts trade value from final sales price before calculating sales tax. So getting 30k trade in nets me 3k less in taxes. Now is the effort of a private party sale worth another 2k?

Hell when I traded in my s4 it negated sales tax completely on the car we bought.
depends lol. I'm a cheap mother ****er, $2k is 2k. And I enjoy selling shit. It's what I do. If you guys want to trade in, go ahead. I can't sleep at night knowing I lost money just so somebody else could profit....

Dusten

Established Member
depends lol. I'm a cheap mother ****er, $2k is 2k. And I enjoy selling shit. It's what I do. If you guys want to trade in, go ahead. I can't sleep at night knowing I lost money just so somebody else could profit....
It's relative. I base money on time. Based on my household income if I spent more than 20 hours total trying to sell the car, it's no longer worth it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
They've bumped to $31K currently and told me I can place the order for the Raptor and back out if I don't want it. Just not enough. I don't want retail but I feel $33K would be a fair trade.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
They've bumped to $31K currently and told me I can place the order for the Raptor and back out if I don't want it. Just not enough. I don't want retail but I feel $33K would be a fair trade.

I agree.

If I had another allocation, I'd hook you up.

blinelaxd27

Established Member
well with 31k + 3k in tax savings you would be at 34k. if you sell it private party at 35 or 36 is it really a big difference? sounds like you just wanted to keep your car and not get the new raptor. essentially 34k to trade it in seems like more than fair.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
well with 31k + 3k in tax savings you would be at 34k. if you sell it private party at 35 or 36 is it really a big difference? sounds like you just wanted to keep your car and not get the new raptor. essentially 34k to trade it in seems like more than fair.

but if they give me $33K, it's like getting $36K and that would make sense. This is a want purchase not a need purchase. I'm not going to give money away on something that is truly frivolous.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
They may walk at 33k. Personally I would walk. I don't see how they could sell your car at 38k+.

Especially if they're just planning to auction it, which sounds like the case with the 30-31 offer.

nxhappy

Established Member
This is a want purchase not a need purchase. I'm not going to give money away on something that is truly frivolous.

then end the story !
Hell, I'll sell it for you, 5% cut ...get you more than these ass holes are offering...

Users who are viewing this thread