Guess Gforce outlaws not that strong...

Fopar

Established Member
Honestly thought it'd take more than 6-650 wheel HP and NT05s to break these.... but here you go...

Full specs for reference
5.0 stroker nemak block
2.9 non-crusher whipple, stock lower and 3.5 upper
93 octane only
T-56 Magnum (standard close ratio, same as stock)

Diff built by me
4.10 gears
Eaton tru-trac
FTB FRP cover
Full FTB IRS bushings etc
18X10s with 295/45/18 NT05s

Car has never been to the track, never had anything stickier than NT05s... never hooks in first, rarely hooks in second.
Broked Outlaw.jpg
Broked Outlaw2.jpg

As long as they cover them (they should) I'm not too mad... Just thought it'd take more to break these. Although it's going to be fun trying to dig the inner spline out of the diff....

MG0h3

Established Member
Geez. Wheel hop? And this was on the street or strip?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is it possible it was a defect from manufacturing? It'll be interesting to hear what they say.

03venomdsg

Established Member
Man I'll be upset to say the least if that happens to mine. I've had them for 2 years at 600 wheel no issues on just R888rs no track hits though. I wouldn't think you'll have an issue getting them warrantied.

Fopar

Established Member
wheel hop will break anything
I mean it's got full FTB everything... don't know how bad wheel hop can be with that. Its taken hits on rough roads (It's detroit.... you're not finding smooth asphalt anywhere).

That said I've driven my buddies stock 6 speed hellcat... it has horrible wheel hop in second gear... on a car with a little more wheel HP, alot more torque... and alot more weight. It's been on drag radials at the track and thus far he's only broken a diff, never axles. And those have 32 spline inner stubs to our 31.... and those aren't super duper $2k gforces. Impact or not for $2k these shouldn't break in a 6-650 wheel car with NT05s......

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
all those after market shafts are NOT worth it IMO. I broke every "level"
If you're sticking with the IRS just use the stock axles. they're cheap and easier to replace when they break.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
driving, rough roads has nothing to do with the axles, breaking or not breaking launches are what kills axles.

The aftermarket axles are quite a bit stronger than stock axles

That said, you can always get really bad we’ll hop or something else in the drivetrain the changes an angle on a launcher, something that breaks and axle

That’s why DSS has a one-year warranty Gforce has a lifetime warranty

Things can happen if it was a perfect world you wouldn’t see people breaking the Bill engines transmissions, etc. at the dragstrip you’ve tried to bulletproof the car to have as few problems as possible but anything can happen

It’s frustrating, but it does but you just have to fix it and move on

Users who are viewing this thread