GTO Beats out Cobra - or so sez R&T

frank3si

Established Member
I got the new issue (July 2004) of Road & Track in the mail today. They have a feature on the SVT Mustang Cobra versus the new Pontiac GTO. The GTO wins with 588.1 points to 574.4 for the Terminator.

Among the areas the GTO is victorious in is "driving excitement." And the engines are tied. Yeh, right... :rolleyes: :shrug: :rolleyes:

Frank

MotoXracer21

I Need Low 12s....
Established Member
Man oh man what a bunch of retards.... Is their sister mag "Hot Rod"? :rolleyes: :kaboom:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Funny, don't they weigh as much as our Cobra's? When I got mine dyno'd stock there was a stock GTO there. Our STD #'s were 379 & 306 I'm sure you can figure who's #'s are who's.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
They had the GTO on Car and Driver last week, and I gotta say that thing was disappointing. It was 350 hp and 350 tq(not sure) and it only ran the 1/4 mile in 14.0 seconds flat. They even said they didn't like the suspension at all. People are idiots sometimes.

Hissss5

Oni 1
Established Member
The MM&FF did a test on the Mach1(3,465 lbs. manual and 3,475 lbs. auto.) vs the GTO(3,774 lbs. w/auto) and the time's were Mach1 13.47 sec. and the GTO 13.52 sec. at the track.:burnout:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Yea, the GTO Judge promises to be a mean machine, and may be a real competitor for our Terminators. We'll just have to see. Hope they use a better orange that the Competition "Coral" that ford picked for 2004. Hehe.

The Current Base Stock GTO is not in the same universe, however. What a gay comparison!

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
Yea, something tells me GTO owners are going to be framing that article in their garages. God help us...its the Lancer EVO crap all over again. Why does every single publication refuse to give the cobra the respect and honest ratings it deserves?

Rudy

Twin screwed
Established Member
those magazine writers hates us, because they know mustang cobra rules the track & the streets.

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
It's because their beloved BMW's cant keep up with us. Pure and simple.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I don't care how much HP they're going to put out in the future, they are FUGLY!!! If they are that much of a monster, I'll spend $90 on a pulley and get a custom tune and be done with them.

blnpny

Banned
i saw a gto at the track last week with drags on the rear and his best time wass..................................................13.99.

i could've out ran him on foot!

Mugger

Don't beat 'em, MUG 'em!
Established Member
:shrug: Whats all the hype? Looks like just another Honda to me:coolman:

comp 04

Jesus Saves
Established Member
times out of the mm@ff mag say

best

Mach 1 GTO
13.51 13.52
104.31 105.50

Same driver in both cars both manuals.

The mag says someone else drive the mach to a best of13.47 that day.

This is a very tight race between the two, but the is a diff in price.

I personally saw a GTO run here at home and the best I saw was a 14.2x with a six speed. So I think this is a drivers race.

Users who are viewing this thread