Gt500kr.......$100,000?

orange_rush

Established Member
So I was talking to someone associated with a dealer around here, same one with the wrecked orange GT500. Apparently they will be receiving 3 KR's and the cost was around $104,000. Will have a %15 ADM.

rigsvt

Happy Festivus
Established Member
i asked the ford dealer here that always carries cobra's and they said the same thing

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the krs should not be 100k msrp! i can see a legitimate 20k hike over the gt500 for fords gt500kr msrp.

so now your at $65k + 30k to 50k adm's on every single kr! which is a lot more than the 15% you are talking about. try 50%+ adms!

Fastfords

Established Member
Must be the same line all the dealers are using. I just talked to a dealer in Nebraska and he also said $100k for a KR. None of them know if they will be getting one or not but they are sure of the price.

orange_rush

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the krs should not be 100k msrp! i can see a legitimate 20k hike over the gt500 for fords gt500kr msrp.

I totally agree, but the guy that told me this is one of the owners. Says for sure they are getting 3. :shrug:

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I didn't think ford released the pricing? My bet is that the dealers are just getting ready to rape the consumers once again.

chuckstang

Established Member
NO DEALER KNOWS WHETHER OR NOT THEY ARE GETTING A KR OR HOW MANY.
More dealer BS
Price has not been released on any 08 GT500 as well.

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
orange_rush said:
So I was talking to someone associated with a dealer around here, same one with the wrecked orange GT500. Apparently they will be receiving 3 KR's and the cost was around $104,000. Will have a %15 ADM.

Is that 104,000 + 15% ADM or 104,000 (including 15% ADM)??

If it includes 15% ADM then that would make the MSRP about $87,000 .....

They can suck the dingle berries off my stinky you know what for that price and I still wouldn't buy one!

CobraO4

Tuned by HBH
Established Member
The fact is that as of today no dealer knows if they are on the list to get one or what the release price (sticker) will be. They usually go to the bigger, higher volume dealers.

The current talk is spring 2008 release. The "King of the Road" is said to have at least 600HP. Initially, they're only going to be 1000 of these limited edition kr cars built . The car will be released and begin as a beefed up GT500 w/ stiffer suspension, short throw shifter, lower 3.73 gears (base price to start in the low $50K range) and then delivered to Shelby in Las Vegas for the additional upgrades ( Price has not been release for the upgrades either but, the price that is being thrown around is to expect another $10k.

Now as "03gobluecobra" so gently put it.... the dealer gets a hold of one and you're raped. I can't wait to see one though and what it actually sells for.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
CobraO4 said:
The current talk is spring 2008 release. The "King of the Road" is said to have at least 600HP.

I thought they said 540hp.

Either way, with only 1000 being built, 100k inc ADM's seems in line.

Make no mistake, this is a collector model for sure. If all you're interested in the hardware/hp upgrades, just get the regular GT500 and mod it

CGoeschel

Established Member
We just got word as to how the 2008 GT500's will be released last week versus the '07's (its different). Still no word on the "KR" allocation. We're not taking "lists" at the moment.

a dealer in Baton-Rouge,Louisiana took a deposit of around $25,000.00 about 3 week's ago,and has made a deal of $50,000.00 over MSRP,providing that they are LUCK-ENOUGH to get one. I think they will use the Lottery system like they did back in 2000,for the CobraRs.Also the presidents-club,if you sell your quotas,have a good repore over all with your service department,ect.What ever is all envolved for that award.So we will see a six figure price on the shelby gt500KR.That's for sure. I would also say the first one is at tha Barret-Jackson auto sell in Scotsdale,Arizona,in march of 2008,if i remember right for that event. Watch the first KR,sell for no less then 1Million-Dollars,and you can believe that Mr. Ron Pratt will be the buyer,and have the oportunity to buy the rights to #2/#3,along with #1,after it's all said and Spanky says SOLD for $1,MILLION DOLLARS.What you think,just my opnion.

Last edited:

1BADGT500

***Back-In-Black***
Established Member
Randy Fontenot said:
Watch the first KR,sell for no less then 1Million-Dollars,and you can believe that Mr. Ron Pratt will be the buyer,and have the oportunity to buy the rights to #2/#3,along with #1,after it's all said and Spanky says SOLD for $1,MILLION DOLLARS.What you think,just my opnion.

Wish I was Bill Gates # 1 Son! :beer:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Whoopie 100k for a Cobra with boltons and a different nameplate, take it to the track and an 03 will still lay smack on it.:coolman: I don't think it'll auction for a mil because the first GT auctioned for a bit over half that.

bluestreak89

Established Member
FX-Man said:
Whoopie 100k for a Cobra with boltons and a different nameplate, take it to the track and an 03 will still lay smack on it.:coolman: I don't think it'll auction for a mil because the first GT auctioned for a bit over half that.

:nonono:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
If they are $100K MSRP then they need to have the actually Ford GT engine installed.

Now that would be a hellova car!

Stripe Delete

Crazy SVT Poser
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
If they are $100K MSRP then they need to have the actually Ford GT engine installed.

Now that would be a hellova car!

I agree. If this is such a limited run of a car at least make it really bass-ass! Oh and drop about 500lbs also.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread