GT500 Will Spoil Supra Launch

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Look, I know we all argue about Camaro/Ford/Dodge...but let's be honest for a minute. We are all united by how BADASS American muscle cars are nowadays. Americans give you 650bhp - 840bhp all for less than 90K.

The Supra, the ICONIC Supra is about to launch that same day as the GT500 and it's going to come with a WHOPPING 330-380bhp! 1/4 in 112mph. For 60K. What a joke that car is. A BMW wearing a japanese robe. Back in the day, the SUPRA could run with the fastest porsches and vettes, now it can't even beat a 35K Mustang GT.

I can't wait to see the GT500 WOW everyone tomorrow and the Supra fanboys being like, "WELL, it's LIGHT, ADD A DOWNPIPE....IT'S ABOUT HANDLING!"

Plus this thing looks like a pussy cat....

ef26860f-2020-toyota-supra-gr-155.jpg

307fc717-2020-toyota-supra-gr-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blk02edge

Established Member
If you think the jdm guys are gonna drop their interest because the new gt500 is a monster then you are high. Horsepower doesn't mean shit on track. Look at a cayman GT4 vs a mustang GT... All that plus this supra will probably come in 30k cheaper than the 500. Looks being subjective, the new supra will be an awesome car

mikecobra01

Established Member
As a lover of Supras and Mustangs, I’m really looking forward to the official reveals of the MKV Supra and new GT500. Although, I’m a bit disappointed in the projected specs the Supra will have, really expected it to have more performance for the price. I still think it looks really good.

The GT500 will be awesome, though.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
The MK5 supra is a complete joke, it's already been leaked and everyone knows what it looks like. No one likes this car already and I'm guessing it will be as big of a flop as the new NSX.

The GT500 will be the star of the show tomorrow and than some

Recon

Established Member
It isn’t obvious the GT500 will completely overshadow it in the show? They ****ed up when they used a German car changed a few things and called it the MKV. Though I’m of the unique breed that actually likes the new NSX, both the MKV and NSX are mere shadows of their previous iconic generation. And if it’s true the engine will be sub 400hp it will be the laughing stock of the show. It should have an engine comparable to the R35 in stock form. But it’s highly unlikely it will, good think it’ll just drive up the prices on the MKIV’s even more.

Pick your poison.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
How do you think Honda / Acura felt 2015. Big excitement heeeerrreeee comes the NSX.....

Oh no, NGT hit and dropped the mic.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
It isn’t obvious the GT500 will completely overshadow it in the show? They ****ed up when they used a German car changed a few things and called it the MKV. Though I’m of the unique breed that actually likes the new NSX, both the MKV and NSX are mere shadows of their previous iconic generation. And if it’s true the engine will be sub 400hp it will be the laughing stock of the show. It should have an engine comparable to the R35 in stock form. But it’s highly unlikely it will, good think it’ll just drive up the prices on the MKIV’s even more.

Pick your poison.

At least the new NSX is an evolution of the previous model. It buries it in performance (as it should). The new Supra is a joke.

Recon

Established Member
At least the new NSX is an evolution of the previous model. It buries it in performance (as it should). The new Supra is a joke.

Very true. What I think they should’ve done is use the LFA chassis for the new MKV. They could change it to were it’s much more cost effective. Less carbon fiber, redesign the engine bay for a TT 6 banger, stick and auto options, etc.
Don’t mind me I’m just thinking out loud. I hate it when I see a brand use another brand’s cars and call them as their own. Within the same family is fine. But a Japanese auto manufacture taking a German car changing it and calling it their own doesn’t sit well with me.

Pick your poison.

Users who are viewing this thread